Nearly back afloat!

Mowjo

Ah Ha! I told you! you can't get rid of me that easily, I'm in the process of buying another boat, it's a Seamaster 27, I just love them! Jon has to do a bit of work on the engine before we complete as on tickover there's a nasty noise, Jon reckons it's a loose engine mount of it may be one or two need replacing, but the guy selling will be paying for it before we complete the sale, so if the engine doesn't purr like a rough old diesel, no sale, it needs a lot of love to bring it back but it's mostly cosmetic stuff like re-varnishing, and a few bits of woodwork replacing, but in my eyes nothing major, and the best bit is it's all original Gel coat and in good condition which tells me it's never been on the hire fleet, I'm already worried as it has a cooker on it that looks like it's never been used, Judi wants a new one, the fridge is something else, looks like something died in there, Judi wants a new one, The cooker is good so will be going up for sale, the fridge will get skipped, it also has the biggest invertor I've ever seen it must be 18in by 12in, I reckon the whole marina runs off it, it's pretty new but I don't like them so that will go up for sale, so far Judi has spent, I should say plans to spend £1600, and that's without anything I need, honestly new curtains, new carpets, new helm seats, and I bet she moans when I spend £60 on varnish, anyway all be well we should complete later in the weeks once Jon sorts her out, the boat that is not the wife, Judi is busy making a list of jobs for me, and it's an I want list not we should list, luckily I got more for my boat than I though and this one was quite a good price, so at least I have a boat kitty for this one,,,    

Frank,,,

• Like 5

I have a soft spot for them Leo! my first boat was a little Shetland with an outboard, my second what I call a proper boat was a Seamaster Cadet, I lived in London then and it took me four years to rebuild her, the only original bit in her was the Cabin front bunk dividing wall, it had lots of glass and a sliding door, when everyone first saw her and me being pretty new to boats they all said I couldn't do it, that's the worst thing you can say to me, it's in my nature to prove people wrong when they tell me that!          Then I had an 18ft Stewart Stevens  Weekender then a Freeman 23 after that a Seamaster 813 The Crackers the Hampton 25, now hopefully I'm on Number seven a Seamaster 27 

post-39-0-25170600-1410642172_thumb.jpg

Trevor! I don't have a clue about it! all I know is it's a great big black thing, like 18in x 12in with two sockets and looks pretty new, it will be coming off the boat I don't like them and in thirty years I've never had a use for one, it will be carefully removed and sold as soon as I actually get the boat, I'll have a better look when we pick it up from Jon he has the engine mount to do for the owner and once done and paid Jon will be steam cleaning the bilges, it's not that bad but too dirty for me , I'm hoping Jon will get it sorted this week but I may have to bring it back for the steam clean,,

Frank,,,,

John! we still have our mooring in Broadsedge, we spoke to David before we sold Crackers and told him with luck it should only be a couple of weeks before we got another boat, hopefully we should be back there next weekend as long as Jon gets the problem sorted with the Engine mounts,,

Frank,,,,