Dartmouth Webcam

I don't know if many people are interested by webcams, but they're still increasing rapidly, with many high def ones now around, like our local HD ones at Wroxham and Oulton Broad.

I often look at the ones at Dartmouth, one of my old haunts.

They have a pair there, giving a wide panorama of the harbour, looking across to the Kingswear side.

Plenty of action, with the ferries, the harbour and the Torbay steam railway, all with a fast frame rate.

http://www.dartmouthwebcam.com/

post-195-0-99366000-1411741639_thumb.jpg

I do have to confess to being a bit of a webcam fan...especially where water is concerned.

There used to be a really good one at the Anderton Lift in Cheshire but it was removed for some reason. Many hours were wasted watching that particular camera. :)

Niagara falls has an impressive one too.

Hi Iain,

Parking is not an issue these days in Dartmouth, about 3 or 4 years ago they built a park and ride at the top of the hill and lay buses on into the town as part of the parking fee (not over the top either). We have used this every year when we go down there, its better than trying to wait for a slot in the car park at the other side of the small park.

Regards

Alan

Hi Alan,

It is five years plus since we were down Paignton way etc. Even with my blue badge it was a nightmare. Double yellow on the pavement makes it a no go area, even for me. A local plod, did admit then, it chased a fair few tourists away.

Delighted to read things have improved there. Its a happy snappers paradise :naughty:  on a nice day.

cheers Iain.

Maurice.

We stayed at The Gunfleet Hotel when we were on honeymoon way back in 1974. Happy memories of the place, and fantastic views. No idea what its like now though.

They were filming the Onedin Line, with the late Peter Gilmour on the quay at the time...........I must be getting old!!

Maurice.............The other one.

Maurice

When I stayed at the Gunfield Hotel, it was run by a chap called John Brown, a terrific character who had a great sense of humour. He always said he had the second best view of Dartmouth, looking up the river at the naval collage. He added that the best view in Dartmouth was to be had from that collage, looking down river at the Gunfield Hotel! That was in 92, but I went back a few years later and he'd moved away.

John (aka Maurice Mynah!)