At last. The A11

Baitrunner

The A11 is open now. Officials are to cut the ribbon later, but reports are that is running as a dual in both directions as I write this.

Excellent news.

I remember travelling to Norfolk on holiday when the A11 ran through Epping Forrest and the journey took four hours!

Does anybody recall the pond in Elevden?

• Like 1

I posted earlier on about using the A11 when we used to race at Snetterton. We went up on the bikes, mine being a Suzuki GS750DB, and my mate was riding a Suzuki GS850E (the shaft drive version of mine). We did the M11 / A11 route, but in 1980 you had to go through all the villages, with the Thetford bypass being a ringroad in Thetford itself. Needless to say we went over the speed limit by a few mph only ( :naughty: :naughty: ) and it took us an hour and three quarters to get home to North Kent.

As for the dualling now, It looked finished when we came up in October, with such things as landscaping still being done, which i assume was why it was still all coned to one lane each way, with a 40 limit.  Great to hear it`s now finished, so when we come up next May, we SHOULD have a quicker more straight forward run.