Police issue weather warning

I miss ye olde Jockland I really do - spent 4 x years 82 - 86 based at Greenock on HMS Droxford then subsequently HMS Attacker (Fast patrol Boat) our playground was mainly from the Clyde estuary up the western Isle up to Stornoway and all in between, Crinan canal. Caledonian etc  Happy days they were, even if it was predominatly windy and wet.  In fact when I joined the Droxford I was issued with webbed feet, an aqualung and an industrial strength umbrella! :Stinky

The wind here just outside Donny was proper strong in the early hours of this morning, I was a bit concerned for my roof tiles / solar panels at one stage, then just strong til mid afternoon, it's calmed down now.  I was out game shooting all day, made it somewhat challenging to say the least.  Roast Partridge for dinner tomorrow :smile:

My daughter and her boyfriend ar due to sail anytime now on an overnight crossing from Newcastle to Amsterdam - that will be an eye opener for them both, the wind might have calmed down but it takes the sea a lot longer to follow suit :shocked

Griff

And it has now dawned on me that I should have posted this under 'Stormy Wx' in 'The Lounge' - sorry about that, one of the mods can move it perhaps it they wish? :oops:

• Like 2

Hi Griff,

I am sure inbetween the naff weather you had some cracking days up the west coast. Crinnan Canal I have only seen on TV and at the end of navigation, looks a lovely trip to take. The hail is stoating aff the windae as I type just now! Grrrr!

cheers Iain.

We were in Walcott yesterday and the seafront businesses were putting up their storm barriers,looks like they were lucky.We moor in Fleet Dyke ,have not heard how it was there ?

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/update_flood_warnings_around_the_east_anglian_coast_lifted_southwold_pub_suffers_damage_limited_flooding_reported_elsewhere_1_3911993