Life Jackets

Hi folks,

Is anyone upgrading their life jackets this year? If so we are on the lookout for 4 adult sized manual or automatic jackets. Must be in good usable condition please.

The ones that were kindly gifted by Clive have been great but the do take up a lot of room in the car! I thought I would ask on here before lashing out £200 for brand new ones!

Hello Mandy,

I am surprised that Moonlight Shadow does not have adult life jackets as part of its inventory. Childrens life jackets tend to be left to its owners needs aboard Ranworth Breeze but we provide 4 x adult auto inflate life jackets plus a few standard life jackets in large, medium & small as standard, these are all maintained as part of the safety equipement onboard.

Maybe it could be a topic for you to bring up at your next AGM.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

We have a couple of children's lifejackets on Lightning but adults bring their own.

Having them permanently on board for adults has been discussed in the past but to cover the possibility of seven adults in various shapes and sizes could easily run to needing a dozen jackets and all the storage problems that would cause.

Roy

That's a kind offer from Andy.

As a side, Don't forget to check the dates on the automatic cartridges before the season starts too. I checked mine a couple of weeks ago and were horrified to notice one expired in 2011 and the other had just expired (and I thought I had recently serviced them... more money!), the bottles where, as usual lose too.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all your suggestions and offers folks. We decided to buy new ones just to be sure they were safe are ready to use straight away.

We found some on Mailspeed Marine. 4 black marine charter 150n manual jackets with crotch straps and a storage bag for around £150 delivered, so not a bad deal.

• Like 1