how do I spruce up my post

How can I spruce up my post like that wot them others do?

A bit of bold would be good, some italics would be great.Bold italics would send me into a dither. And what about a smiley. I will try one and see if it works. Here it is Did it work. Did it heck!

Blast me bor! If it dint do it!!

Ask young Alan (Jaws Orca) Hes a whizz kid or geekie. He works in IT clever boy :clap . Failing that Jonzo if he aint too busy just now. I am sure they will sort it for you.

cheers Iain.

• Like 1

Ok I'm guessing you are using the TapTalk app which as far as I can see on my mobile doesn't allow formatting.

On your tablet;

- open up a new internet browser and enter this http://www.thenorfolkbroads.net/forum

- It will prompt you to "Get the app", Click the "X" to say no!

- It should then open the full internet version (which is still usable on a hudl).

- IF it doesnt and still opens in taptalk (you will know because you see an icon of a T) scroll to the bottom and click "Full Version".

The full version allows you to do formatting etc :) (when you go to reply you will see the normal formatting toolbars as you see in word etc).

cheers

Wussername, in those screenshots, have you tried clicking the "more reply options" button in the bottom right hand corner ?

I sometimes use my cheapo Chinese 10" tablet to access the NBN, and it's running standard Android like your Hudl, so we should be getting the same options.

As Alan has mentioned, try to steer well clear of the "Tapatalk" app, which seems to be pushed very strongly on you when you visit the NBN website.

I use my tablet's built in Browser app and the Android version of Firefox, and both give me full message editing functionality just like on a windows PC.

Strowager.. the first shows the more reply options.. it looks like java isn't enabled... taptalk is good for a mobile but the full version is probably better for a tablet.

I might be wrong, but I don't think it's Java that's causing the problem, because I can format text in replies to other forums on my tablet, and I would have thought that both client-side scripts would have only required Javascript within a browser, not a fully installed Java.

I was wrong in what I said before though. I've just tried all different ways of getting at the text formatting buttons on my tablet, and I can't get them on any of my android browsers when accessing the NBN forum.

Here's three screenshots I've just taken from my tablet, and copied across to my windows notepad for this reply.

The first one is via the Firefox browser running NBN in full mode - no text formatting buttons visible.

The second one is via the built in android browser running NBN in full mode, no formatting buttons.

The third screen shot is an editing window on a cycling forum that I visit, that uses completely different forum software, and I get full text formatting functionality on there, just like my PCs.

post-195-0-20981000-1427372652_thumb.jpg

post-195-0-16187700-1427372674_thumb.jpg

post-195-0-87016600-1427372697_thumb.jpg

Interesting Storwager, I'm only guessing obviously, I do have a hudl although I've not used it that often!.. The format box looks to me be driven from Javascript although again I'm guessing, the last forum could be smarter and have these coded separately. Can you confirm if you have JS enabled? 

cheers

...... Can you confirm if you have JS enabled? 

ah...  you have me there Alan.

I confess I find delving into android to be a little like swimming through custard - and wearing a blndfold !

So much of the OS is harder to get at, unless you root them, (which I still haven't managed yet either) :rolleyes:

I can confirm that I've never conciously disabled javascript, and I'm pretty confident that most browsers have it enabled by default.

For browsing I mainly use an 11" netbook running W7 64 bit, so no problems there, but I've been trying to justify the purchase of my 10" Android tablet, and it's still difficult !

Although it has a full HD screen and plays videos and Iplayer content really well, the touch screen interface still seems more awkward than the netbook's keyboard and a wireless mouse.

Bill Gates wins again......  so far.....