Few bits wanted/needed

Hi All,

We are on the lookout for a couple of things:

2 x Norfolk type Reed Anchors, they seem expensive new and there's no point getting new also I can't find them down here. 

A morse/teleflex single throttle control, Ideally an top mount (MT3 type) although open to a side mount type for 33c cables. 

Some large fenders (Thanks again steve and debs you may have noticed that we used them on the boat!). We could do with some corner ones for the mooring and swim deck. 

Thanks in advance. 

cheers

• Like 1

Jaws! if your in no rush I'm replacing all my fenders including two corner ones on my Birchwood 25, I think there are four or six largish white fenders and the two corner ones, they arn't in bad condition and should clean up well with one of those majic sponges and some Fairy Power Spray, you welcome to them if you don't mind waiting a few weeks, my boat is coming out for a polish and antifoul but it won't be until later this month,,

Frank,,,

• Like 2

Thanks Franks, more than happy to wait, fenders are mainly for spares and covering the marina berth as mooring is going to take a bit of practice! (pesky wind if you get me lol!)

Thanks Andy, we have new cables but the throttle control itself could do with changing to a morse control.. as its a bit pitted and does't quite fit.

cheers

Thanks MM if you have spare rhond anchors they would certainly go to a welcome home!

Thanks to Mark we have seen the rhond anchors at Jeckles in Oulton but they arent cheap, they wont be used that much I think so I think its a waste to buy new :)cheers

Thanks Mark, any you have spare would be welcome, the more the better! cheers

Thats not too bad Mark, I think they were £18 in jeckles which isn't overly steep but it's not going to be used that much as a tree normally works well but it's good to have! If MM or Andy doesn't have some we will have a wonder up to wroxham :)cheers

I keep going on about the pins - easier to stow as well. I put mine in 22m foam pipe lagging, cut to the right length, to stop them clanking about and protect the inside of your locker.

The rhonds are a bit more cumbersome, but then you can get away without a hammer sometimes.

If you get a free one or 2 though then even better.

Good luck and I will watch out for a nutter towing a tree behind his boat - not going to be good for fuel consumption, but even cheaper that 13 squid :party:  :party:  :party:  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...