Geocaching - There's one right beside you (Probably)

JawsOrca

I heard about Geocaching after reading one of the guides sponsored by Richardsons and I downloaded the app on my phone. Thinking it was just for kids I kinda ignored it but I made a mental note of a couple close to the boat in norfolk.  Walking around beccles we wandered over to look for the first one.. thinking it would be obvious! Yeah right.. although it wasn't too bad.. but it really did show that we had walked past this thing many many times oblivious that there was this secret game going on. Quickly hooked we spend the rest of the weekend looking for these.. some are really easy to find and some are almost impossible.. and it's not a game for kids.. although children may help you find them quicker, we seriously enjoyed the hunt! We found it gets us off the boat.. and gets us to places we wouldn't normally see.. Can't wait to go again (We even did a few on the way home!!).

I'm want to start putting my own "caches" sometime soon..so get geocaching!

Download the smartphone app on google play or apple store.

• Like 2

Woo

:) our second find was one of those it took ages to find it but yup soo small.. I'll put some pictures up tomorrow of some finds. We are addicted now ;)cheers

Woodfordes Brewery wont be amused you have found a new hobby Alan lol

cheers Iain

• Like 1

Here's a couple of sample caches found in Norfolk this weekend.. 

The frog was up a tree and was quite hard to find (But via the phone app it's easier).

The little pot was really really really hard to find.. but good fun searching for!  We have really walked past these a few times and didn't notice this game was happening there! 

I've ordered about 10 different pots so will be putting some up. I'll put the link here so you guys can start looking for these.

post-28066-0-51782400-1434356122_thumb.j

post-28066-0-96897000-1434356133_thumb.j

• Like 1