We have used pod for the first time this weekend. 

We took her to Surlingham Ferry for a meal, then came back in her, the girls camped on our lawn and my wife, son and I "flamped". 

Freedom pod needs more tweaking, but really minor stuff. The fact is it is all but ready for day hire and virtually finished overall. If I can get away from the computer, I should have it done.....

DSC_6089.JPG

DSC_5998.JPG

DSC_5968.JPG

DSC_6030.JPG

• Like 2

Andy allowed me a little jaunt down the river in 'Pod' and I have to say I was impressed, its a very spacious little boat. As a day picnic boat its layout is great. its high sides inside make it very safe for young ones to move about and its table perfect to sit round, the boat is very easy to handle  and the canopy in its bimini position keeps the sun off your head whist not making the boat feel at all enclosed.

As for sleeping on board it could be good fun for those that like camping, the bed area is a lot bigger than many V birth type arrangements. 

I can honestly say the boat exceeded my expectations. :clap

• Like 3

Those high sides sound great for a family, especially from a safety point of view. However, as a boat for pike fishing I would suggest a lower freeboard would be more pike friendly. Personally I prefer to kneel and chin a pike, unhooking the fish in the water, can't do that from a high sided boat. All that aside, I reckon Andy has got it right. 

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think we ever use the term, "threesome", Peter, but each to their own. :-) 

At the end of the day, Freedom pod will sleep 2/3 people in one wide berth. My wife and I plus our 10 year old son have "flamped" comfortably in the boat. 

Edited by FreedomBoatingHols
  • Like 1