Cycling round the Broads

Wussername

Not wishing to hijack Adamgirls post I have created a new one.
I also wished to ask Adamgirls what type of bikes they had.......to avoid a conflict.
On Friday I was at Reedham, once again (groan I hear)

Two athletic chaps were riding electric bikes on the actual quay heading, the quay festooned with electric cables, ropes, and water hoses replenishing boats, plus of course a scattering of holiday makers going too and from their boats. 
The two cyclists were undeterred, they carried on regardless. In some places the quay is less than three feet wide. If they had have hooked a post with a pedal, especially the guy who steered with one hand, I am sure that they would have been catapulted into a fast flowing river Yare I am sure that they would have been able to save themselves. I fear that the bikes would have been lost.

As would the two little tots, about two years of age, behind each adult. Securely strapped in purpose made seats.

Definitely not us.

I'm not an athletic looking chap (!) ... and we have no children.

Sadly there are pillocks in all walks of life. We try to be considerate cyclists to everyone we encounter ... walkers, horse riders, fellow cyclists and we will pull over to the side of a narrow road to let vehicles get past us.  There are so many more cyclists on the roads these days. As car drivers we try to give cyclists plenty of room when we pass and don't pass if we can't do so. It's really quite scary being on a bike when vehicles come so close to you which is why we try to cycle on quiet country lanes as much as possible.

Carol

• Like 4

Sadly there are pillocks in all walks of life. We try to be considerate cyclists to everyone we encounter ... walkers, horse riders, fellow cyclists and we will pull over to the side of a narrow road to let vehicles get past us.  There are so many more cyclists on the roads these days. As car drivers we try to give cyclists plenty of room when we pass and don't pass if we can't do so. It's really quite scary being on a bike when vehicles come so close to you which is why we try to cycle on quiet country lanes as much as possible.

Carol

I've even taken to wearing a helmet, too, Carol.

I've got a small-wheeled fold-up bicycle and it's nowhere near as stable as a conventional one. I'm even contemplating wearing my high-viz dayglo motorcycle fleece when I'm out in those country roads...:shocked

I've even taken to wearing a helmet, too, Carol.

I've got a small-wheeled fold-up bicycle and it's nowhere near as stable as a conventional one. I'm even contemplating wearing my high-viz dayglo motorcycle fleece when I'm out in those country roads...:shocked

This is how it starts... wearing a helmet... hi vis fleece. Before you know it he'll be  wrapped in lycra and shaving is legs!

• Like 3

There are always idiots about whatever vehicles they are using. Having spent Sunday with hundreds of cyclists popping into the Museum of the Broads on the Tour de Broads I can say they were all just lovely. Here are a couple of photos from the day! a54925b78f69b4856c32eeb3b9216b17.jpg98ec96daada5ebe84b8735d5d771df49.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 2