I see Hoseasons are currently low deposits for 2016

I see that Hoseasons are offering a low deposit for holidays taken in 2016 if booked by December 7th. 

Having said the above I would expect any holiday company worth its salt to carry this over until after the the standard New Year advertising we always see on the TV.

http://www.hoseasons.co.uk/?gclid=CITa1p29wskCFda4GwodcdgMdg&clickcd=50123&s_kwcid=AL!2504!3!80852338983!e!!g!!hoseasons&ef_id=UgNc3AAAAeGpTTEL:20151204150441:s

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

In the past we`ve taken advantage of early booking discounts on holidays, but these days, whenever we book a cottage , most of the time the deposit can be as much as 50%.  Personally i like the idea of Andy`s (Freedom) way of 15% off if you pay the lot at time of booking.  The problem with low deposits for early booking is that all you do is pay the rest with the remaining balance.  I`d rather pay half, then you`ve got a much smaller balance, but then i`m a lot better off these days, and others may have to plan an ever tightening budget?.

• Like 1

Money is always tight at this time of year (especially for the seasonal business). 

It makes good sense for us to offer an attractive discount for early payment as it ensures that we have a filling "order book" which we can use to plan the year ahead. 

There remain too many people that want to book at the last minute and try to get a discount at that point - some will still pander to this market, but the facts are that seasonal businesses need to be able to get bookings in as early as possible and, we would much prefer to reward people who are prepared to book early than book at the last minute. 

Let's face it, 15% is a big discount off a summer boating holiday. Even for a £600 booking, it's £90!

• Like 3

What the Hoseasons and Freedom low deposit schemes allow you to do is reduce the initial financial impact of securing a holiday. Clearly, all the money for the holiday needs to be paid at some point - we're just allowing you to spread the cost a little more whilst offering an incentive to those who can afford to pay the full deposit or balance. 

The low deposit for Hoseasons is still on but is now set at £60 per boat per week. They did this last year so as to distinguish between offers - the earlier you book the lower the deposit -  and usually it remains at £60 until the end of February. Any extension after that depends on their level of bookings I guess.

Regards

David

• 4 weeks later...