Flooded Awning!

SueH

Hi all.  It hasn't stopped raining here in sunny York for about 14 hours.  The awning floor is now flooded, water seeping underneath the groundsheet.  Haven't ventured out yet, but Rosie has just come in wet after her morning constitutional!  

The site in the centre of York has been evacuated, or so we have been told.  Someone arrived here yesterday and told us that they had been given until 09:00 today to leave as they were sandbagging the entrance road.

Those poor people in Cumbria must still be suffering.  My heart really goes out to them.

Maybe a visit to John Lewis (there are other stores available) may make us feel better.  

Hope you all had a good Christmas and that the New Year is an improvement!

SueH

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sueh said:

Hi all.  It hasn't stopped raining here in sunny York for about 14 hours.  The awning floor is now flooded, water seeping underneath the groundsheet.  Haven't ventured out yet, but Rosie has just come in wet after her morning constitutional!  

The site in the centre of York has been evacuated, or so we have been told.  Someone arrived here yesterday and told us that they had been given until 09:00 today to leave as they were sandbagging the entrance road.

Those poor people in Cumbria must still be suffering.  My heart really goes out to them.

Maybe a visit to John Lewis (there are other stores available) may make us feel better.  

Hope you all had a good Christmas and that the New Year is an improvement!

SueH

The Railway Museum is an ideal place to go on wet days in York. 

xmas6Iain

Leeds hit bad today near river Aire with flooding through centre area, below are pics from Leeds lock borrowed from Facebook the small lock to the left of control tower is covered and the silver control box stands 5 foot tall so a good 4 foot flood.

Seen loads of videos from people stood on the edge of the water, how daft when one slip and there gone, seen it with a 6" flood.

Leeds Aire 2 - Leeds Lock.jpg

Leeds Aire 3 - Leeds Lock 2.jpg

• Like 1

This picture is a boat wedge under the platform which has lifted, This was the home of Bernie (think it was) who is now located at Potters on the left with his narrow boat 'Brighouse Nan'. Cracking boat which made short work of towing the 40 ton trip boat in if we broke down..

Leeds Aire 1 - Brighouse Nan Leeds mooring.jpg

• Like 1

for the past couple of days ive been watching york on the webcams , but it's now shut down , it's run by farson watercams, there's quite a few up & down england. but before it shut down i was watching the hotel across from crowthers pub( where the webcam is fixed ) & the water was right upto the first floor of the hotel, i really feel for the people that are flooded out this year, & it sounds like there's more to come tomorrow night,here's a pic i took from webcam. lori  

tmp_12642-211051457.jpeg

• Like 2