Prince Charles to visit Upton pub today

Boaters

On the radio ,Prince Charles will visit the White Horse community pub and shop  in UPTON  today. It was said he is partial to Pork Scratchings and  the spokes man said they would sell him a packet ,but he would have to pay as they give nothing away ! Would you ask him for the cash ? He said it has been very successful and I wonder if more pubs could go down this path ? Roy   cheers       

Plink to article 

http://www.greatyarmouthmercury.co.uk/news/prince_charles_to_visit_pub_in_upton_near_acle_1_4424966

• Like 2

Here's a picture of Charlie Boy (nicked from Twitter) pulling a pint at Upton. 

Shame he ignored the two fine local beers to the left and chose the ubiquitous Wherry, Bet Woodfordes are rubbing their hands. Still it could have been worse, at least he ignored the even more tasteless Greene King IPA :naughty:

Wonder what Camilla had? A Pimms perhaps? Or even a half of Stella ( heaven forbid) :-)

But seriously though good to see HRH recognising the success of this excellent community pub which hopefully can act as an inspiration to others as to what can be achieved cheersbar

IMG_20160226_154130.jpg

• Like 7

Nice one Gracie,I remember some thirty years ago we went in for the first time when  "Winkle " was. Landlord and was not to be seen ,when a voice  wafted from the cellar " get yourselves a drink ,I'll be up soon " which we did and  our son stood on a chair to join in the darts.Good times.!

• Like 2

Me too, Vanessa, always a pint, never half, being raised in a household full of men has it's advantages cheersbar I have a friend who thinks it's terrible for a girl to drink a pint, what planet is she on :facepalm:My love of proper beer came from sitting outside the Berney with a real beer shandy and a packet of crisps, just watching the Boats coming and going, heaven, no lemonade in it anymore though lol

Grace

p.s Edited to add, don't tell Mr Nog but I do like the odd pint of Stella :naughty:

• Like 4