7 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

BT    -    Once again Mr Griffin, I apologise for what has occurred, hopefully it will be resolved satisfactorily with in the next 24 x Hrs.  Is there anything else I can do for you today?

Me    -    Apologies won't sort it, and as for anything else today, I think you have done enough for one day, don't you?   We'll leave it well alone before you do anymore damage

Griff

Love that bit Griff

Progression - we now have our original landline number back and working as of this morning.  Then spent 2 x hrs on the phone with 'Advisor's' - first one was not very good and his accent difficult to understand, 2nd advisor is an Exeter lad I could understand easily - he was really on the ball, new his stuff and we are now all sorted and good (I spoke to his manager afterwards praising his work ethics etc) iphones / ipads etc all up and running correctly, icloud sorted, face-timeing now possible along with BT wifi hotspots working as they should.

So the technical communication stuff is out of the way, I can get on with the proper important stuff,   re-flooring the loft and a major service with a few farkles to the Tiger, then a few tiling jobs need attention as per the norm.  The sun is shining, its warm.  It could be better, I could be in Spain with MrsG and friends or better still afloat onboard 'B.A' but for now will make the best of being here.

A lot happier Griff today I am (Yoda speak)

Griff

• Like 6

goes to show when you land on one our operators to chat to (should keep the pc lot happy) the jobs seem to get sorted.

Glad you got your number back they told me it would be 6 months when they messed my house move up in November so ended up with a new one, we've not give it out only to gas elec etc everybody ring mobiles anyway. 3 junk calls yesterday.

From what I just said about having mobiles I've just checked and we pay £18 Bt line rental, now if your on adsl and don't use your land line only to have internet then a option would be a mobile mifi unit from three which runs at £19 a month/20gig. so your saving the internet cost your paying now plus the cost of phone package on top. I was looking to see if they did a basic line rental but the low user i used to be is not there now.

• Like 1

The scenario that Griff describes is very typical of my own experiences with BT but I have learned! Invariably when you first call you get the  "support staff" in a foreign land. If you play merry hell about your problem and insist on speaking to a manager or supervisor you then get transfered  to the likes of Griff's "Exeter Lad". Its obvious that any problem that can't be cured by the call centre parrot list or come from a bolshy type like me gets elevated to the UK based technicians.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...

Here we go again.

As I have reported elsewhere we have recently upgraded our TV to one of the new nano dot 4 technology smart tv's (It's awesome btw) ultra hd 1080p with an ultra hd blue ray, surround sound system, - yada yada yada etc.  I've been getting used to enjoying streaming  Netflix and Amazon Prime and plenty of others.  Youtube is a revelation, the picture quality on the tv far outstrips the p/c monitor by a country mile, plus of course it's a 50" rather than the far smaller monitor.  So I have been catching up on Robins 'Captains Blogs' watching the Grand Tour etc etc.  only a few days ago now I couldn't anymore, as it was constantly buffering and annoying me good and proper.  I checked my download speed on the old pc and was dismayed to see we were now 3:6 at best.  Not good enough and not what I'm paying for either.  I envisaged a lengthy phone call being passed from pillar to post trying to understand foreign accents and smelly breath.  So instead I tried their on-line chat service - worked a treat, and within 30 mins our download speed was up to 5:5 = no more buffering and happiness is once more restored to the Griffin hovel.  Of course even I am not that naive to think there was anything wrong, just the fact the BT have oversold themselves and have a finite amount of bandwidth available for their customers.  So because I 'Shouted' they turned the wick up slightly.  Apparently we will get fibre but not for around 8 x months or so, but that is only a grapevine rumour.  No doubt in a couple of months I will be in touch once more as it will have dropped back by some unexplained quirk no doubt

Griff