A Person Was Killed Today After Being Hit By A Train

Hi Andy,

I fully agree with you that for the driver and the rest of the crew dealing with the eventuality of not being able to stop in time no matter what you can do and the aftermath of the accident and subsequent inquiry.

Trains and any crossings must be treated with respect, I hope the plans for making the crossing at Brundall  automatic does not come into fruition, the 90 plus trains a day going  through this crossing is a major accident just waiting to happen if it ever becomes unmanned.

It is not uncommon that boat trailers to be grounded on this crossing.

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stumpy said:

Terribly sad news but please spare a thought for the driver. A good mate drives an Inter City and has had three 'one unders' - it's a harrowing experience.

I know the report doesn't say that it was a suicide, but my father used to be a train driver, first steam, then diesel then electric, he had a few suicides.

The worst ones, were when his train was passing through stations at speed close to platforms, he recognised the body language just before they jumped out in front of the train, not good for the driver.

In the good old steam train days, the driver's often didn't notice, as they were further away, and often looking through the small smokey window on the opposite side, and the fireman would probably be shovelling coal.