While I Was Away.....

While I was away, you all behaved yourselves, well nearlly all! :naughty: Anyway, Ruth and I ventured on Tuesday into a  real National Park, ok only tip toed into the South Lakes to Grange over Sands. Must say for a small place, four star hotels are many, well a few ! It was very busy so just about turned and headed into Lancaster. 

For those of you who are disabled and use a Scooter or wheelchair, Lancaster is in many areas NOT disabled friendly, the pavements are very uneven, and the crossing points apart from at Pelican crossings are awful, two inches on average so a run had to be made at the kerbs, talk about The Grand National! 

However, there was one highlight, a pint of Lancaster Blonde 4% in The Pendle Witch, only £2.75 a pint, and very nice it was too!,

Lancaster is now off "Scoot's" where to tour list:norty:

On Wednesday we thought we would take a run along the Morecombe prom, towards the Midland art deco hotel, also take a pic of Eric Morecombe for Alan,20160608_135603.jpg20160608_134340.jpg

(Ranworth Breeze) and a few cormorants that won't hit you from a great height!:naughty:

Eric had been vandelised a while back, but he is as busy as ever with folks wanting their pic taken with him!

Thursday was a wee jaunt into the market, now most folks bring back sweets or rock from such places as Morecombe, not us:norty: Ruth decided we should bring back a garden ! I really must downsize my car !:naughty:

20160609_193635.jpg

So just a nice short break, my legs held up which for me was good, the back did take a pounding in Lancaster, but that excelent pint made up for it !

Now back to wurkin claes n puritch. Nae no really :norty:

cheersIain

• Like 5

Hi Iain, 

I am glad that you & Ruth enjoyed yourselves, we went in the market too, sadly no room after buying out there stock of Clark's shoes which were in their sale. Nice flowers however, "your lupines or your life".

Thank you for the pictures I am glad that Eric is back giving visitors to Morecambe  pleasure, the carving on the surrounding paving stones is very informative.

It was a pity about Grange over Sands, the main street and gardens would have been better for Scoot, there are hills at least one end of the town. I quite like Lancaster but I guess it was not ideal for you.

The Midland Hotel was featured in one of the Hercule Poirot programs.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

On 10 June 2016 at 5:42 PM, BroadScot said:

While I was away, you all behaved yourselves, well nearlly all! :naughty: Anyway, Ruth and I ventured on Tuesday into a  real National Park, ok only tip toed into the South Lakes to Grange over Sands. Must say for a small place, four star hotels are many, well a few ! It was very busy so just about turned and headed into Lancaster. 

For those of you who are disabled and use a Scooter or wheelchair, Lancaster is in many areas NOT disabled friendly, the pavements are very uneven, and the crossing points apart from at Pelican crossings are awful, two inches on average so a run had to be made at the kerbs, talk about The Grand National! 

However, there was one highlight, a pint of Lancaster Blonde 4% in The Pendle Witch, only £2.75 a pint, and very nice it was too!,

Lancaster is now off "Scoot's" where to tour list:norty:

On Wednesday we thought we would take a run along the Morecombe prom, towards the Midland art deco hotel, also take a pic of Eric Morecombe for Alan,20160608_135603.jpg20160608_134340.jpg

(Ranworth Breeze) and a few cormorants that won't hit you from a great height!:naughty:

Eric had been vandelised a while back, but he is as busy as ever with folks wanting their pic taken with him!

Thursday was a wee jaunt into the market, now most folks bring back sweets or rock from such places as Morecombe, not us:norty: Ruth decided we should bring back a garden ! I really must downsize my car !:naughty:

20160609_193635.jpg

So just a nice short break, my legs held up which for me was good, the back did take a pounding in Lancaster, but that excelent pint made up for it !

Now back to wurkin claes n puritch. Nae no really :norty:

cheersIain

I did some work I Morecombe about ten years ago , I saw the fantastic Art Deco Midland Hotel derelict, it seemed such a shame to see such a fine building in such a state.

Great to see it has been restored to its former glory.

Andy

• Like 2