Almost As Good As Sailing!

JennyMorgan

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/hundreds_enjoy_steam_day_at_norfolk_s_museum_of_the_broads_1_4573917

Didn't know anything about this otherwise would have made the effort to go. Something fascinating about steam, whether in a boat or on wheels. As a kid I always relished a Mammod steam engine in a boat, as it was I had to be content with an O guage steam engine.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

On leaving Bound2Please on Sunday it was just finishing, but we followed a "Hovis" steam lorry out, it had an amazing turn of speed....

Charlie

Left you for brown bread then Charlie? :naughty:

• Like 2

I remember taking a trip on the steam boat just after my parents moved to Norfolk.  It really is a lovely experience, especially as you're so low to the water.  Sitting too close to the engine can be a bit tricky though...It can get a bit 'spitty'.  Not enough to burn, but it certainly makes you jump the first time :-)