Richardsons RC45 and RC35

Being one of the lucky owners of one of those 1992 ex hire boats I could never fully understand the decision. The boat has been out of the water twice in the last six years. Each time it comes out cleaner than many boats go back in. In 18 years it has never been antifouled. By now it would probably have had 6 applications of anti-foul, all worn away and deposited in the rivers. I never fully appreciated the significance of the copper cladding when the broker mentioned it. But having kept the boat for six years now, and having saved a small fortune in lift outs and anti-foul, the benefits are mounting up. Compared to the amount of anti-foul saved, which is truely the most enviromentally unfriendly?

I forgot to add, think of the financial saving for hirefleets and especially Richardsons being the largest fleet going, if it was still an option. Every extra cost gets passed on to the customer, so if copper bottoms were an option, they`d be able to make a reduction in the hire fee. Good news for the customer or what?. Regards .................. Neil.

hense my reason for asking most things nowerdays have got more eviro friendly i think its time to have a change it would save fleets a lot more money maybe passing the saving down to customers

Jonny ice sliceice slice

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I missed this one...

I think you will find that very few yards (if any) do any more than antifoul the waterline which is done purely for cosmetic reasons.

It is a shame that copper has been banned on the broads, I was not aware of it as we were looking into it at the southampton show last year...

The price, name and layout has been decided, :dance

The first boat will be named 'BROADSMAN"

she will be a 6-8 berth comprising of an island double up front with en-suite shower and toilet, another double with en-suite aft and a mid cabin with twin beds which will convert to a double also en-suite. The saloon will also convert to a double and will share the twin cabins en-suite...

pricing will be the same as 'BOLERO'

She will be available from Whitsun but we will move the release date to Easter if she is built on time!

Guest DAYTONA-BILL
The price, name and layout has been decided, :dance

The first boat will be named 'BROADSMAN"

she will be a 6-8 berth comprising of an island double up front with en-suite shower and toilet, another double with en-suite aft and a mid cabin with twin beds which will convert to a double also en-suite. The saloon will also convert to a double and will share the twin cabins en-suite...

pricing will be the same as 'BOLERO'

She will be available from Whitsun but we will move the release date to Easter if she is built on time!

That`s very good value for a BRAND NEW design which has had so much developement put into it. I`m waiting for the 35 centre cockpit to arrive, and i think i`l be treating myself to a brand new boat for once. When do you envisage the 35 cc version arriving Clive?.

Yes, Broadsman is on of our old names, we gave the staff a choice of three and they voted for Broadsman so there we are :)

Bolero is a very popular boat and we are happy with the money it brings in, so without being greedy we know what to expect with a full season, also despite the over average cost of setting up we hope to produce the new designs quicker and therefore cheaper than normal so we can pass the savings on.. If we were only producing one or two boats a year then we could keep the prices high and have good seasons but that is not the plan.

also on the cost thing, we are trying to encourage people to holiday on the broads so we are in competition with holiday camps and self catering right across the country and abroad, we dont want anyone to think that boating is an expensive pastime reserved for the well off :)

Clive,

Are you planning on fitting a bow thruster?

Martin

Clive,

Are you planning on fitting a bow thruster?

Martin

Bow thruster and stern thruster. :)

unfortunately the cup holder looked a bit odd on the dashboard so we filled it, you will now have to put your mug of tea on the dash unless we invest in some other idea :?:)

unfortunately the cup holder looked a bit odd on the dashboard so we filled it, you will now have to put your mug of tea on the dash unless we invest in some other idea :?:)

Hi Clive

why dont you make a box that can be fitted into the dash with a lid when you lift it up reveals a cup holder & mini storage box..

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Unfortunately the cup holder looked a bit odd on the dashboard so we filled it, you will now have to put your mug of tea on the dash unless we invest in some other idea :?:)

Well if you went for a joystick steering (like some other company...) you could do away with the wheel as well,

giving lots more room for the helms-person, and leaving room for a mug of tea shelf....

Martin

Hi Martin,

I dont think Leboat are doing away with the steering wheel, the joystick is just a badly described thruster control I may be wrong but there we are..

our thruster control will be in the shape of a little boat which moves the front and/or back to either side :)

Hi,

I sneaked a look through the door of the shed a few days ago and I was surprised that the boat looked smaller than I thought.

Plenty of activity around the boat :dance

Ian :Sailing

Ian did you see if it is going to be an "eco" boat, has Clive included a renewable power drive, i.e. a wind power device (sail) on it....

:Sailing

]Hi,

We have still been busy over the last few weeks, mainly filling the radius' but also a final few adjustments, we changed the steps at the back because we thought that the thin sloping bit of toerail would be vulnerable to damage and also a pain to laminate, you can see where the steps were lengthened...

Also we thought that the canopy would be better if there was more travel giving more clearance in the cockpit, we achieved this by adding a wedge onto the end of the runner, this was so that clearance between the inside of the canopy and the aft cabin roof was retained. This wedge would cause the canopy to tip forward so we took a slice off the front of the canopy and added it to the front of the runner, this in turn caused water trap in the corner of the screen base but that was fairly simple to overcome by channeling it down the runner..post-503-136713763927_thumb.jpghttp://www.thenorfolkbroads.net/phpBB3/download/file.php?mode=view&id=13113http://www.thenorfolkbroads.net/phpBB3/download/file.php?mode=view&id=13112http://www.thenorfolkbroads.net/phpBB3/download/file.php?mode=view&id=13112

one day I will work out how to arrange these photos in order!!

post-503-136713764205_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713764219_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713764233_thumb.jpg

While this has been going on we have also been working on the floor bearer plug, we decided to make the bearers out of fiberglass as it wont rot and as we plan to build quite a few and keep these boats for a fair few years we felt it was well worth the development cost, the bearers will fit all the models we produce on this hull.

the plastic pipes in the corners are to provide a gap in the mouldings to allow water to drain through the bearers and into the bilge.

This will add a couple of hundred quid onto the build cost of each boat but rotten floors and all the grief which comes with them is something every hire and private boat is best off without!

The front plug has also been made now but I did not photograph that as all the photos were taken last week..

post-503-136713764261_thumb.jpg

post-503-136713764525_thumb.jpg

post-503-13671376454_thumb.jpg

thanks for the updates clive, do you no yet how many of the 45ft mould you will build ?

Hi Andy, we hope to have about 10 new boats over the next two years or so, but we will build as many as we can afford to, we will probably have a single level version on the water by the end of next year but we have also just bought a set of moulds with 3 superstructures one of which is a sedan which we hope to have on the water next year but may have to produce a new roof to update it a bit and lower the air draft a couple of inches..

Sorry the picture is a bit small but I dont have another..

post-503-136713764554_thumb.jpeg

Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi Clive, many thanks for the update picky`s. Looking at the hull, there`s going to be a lot of space in the keel, would it be feasable to use this space for water or fuel or toilet tankage, possibly using "flexi" tanks?. The reason i ask, is that so many boats have tanks all on one side, or are mismatched to others, so that throughout the week the boat developes a list, for example, when a stabd side fuel tank empties during the week, and the port side toilet tank fills. Will you be arrangin them to ensure that whichever tanks fill and empty, the boat always stays balanced?. Regards ...................... Neil.