Mooring In Hire Yards

SPEEDTRIPLE

Hi all,

several times last week we moored in hire yards, and because Lightning is minus an inverter for a while, we wanted some sparks from the 240v shore supply. When we moored in Herbert Woods for a pumpout, i noticed there were quite a lot of 240v pylons in their yard. I asked the guy doing the pumpout if they would allow us (in future) to moor in their yard, and hook up to a ptlon for a fee?. I was surprised to hear they DO allow it for a reasonable £8.00 per night.  The following evening, we moored in Summercrafts yard and asked them the same, and charged £10 per night.  It seems to me, if you ask politely, and offer to pay, they will more often than not, allow it, after all, it`s all income. Does anybody know of any other yards that do this?. I know Swancraft allowed us to connect up to one of their points, but they are no longer a hire yard, but i did hear they have visitors moorings. I know Brooms have hook up points, but they use the larger adapters, and i think Richo`s have them too.

It might be a good idea to run a section advising of yards that offer visitors moorings with power, obviously for a fee, as this would help those with medical conditions that MUST have the use of shore power.

Barnes Brinkcraft in wroxham also offer this service to private boats, we always ring ahead and avoid change over times but if theres space they have always been happy to let us in and use the facilities including showers.  Cant remember off top of my head prices but it was fair and reasonable and ideal location for Roys etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Viking23 said:

Something else to add, would they allow visitors to use their waste disposal facilities, and also do they have elsan disposal facilities too?

Sneak over to the bins after hours if not.   Only joking.   I am sure that the larger yards would not even give it a thought.     They have a lot of folks and a privateer does not have a huge arrow following around him/her to point them out.      Not so sure who has Elsan facilities though.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bobdog said:

As a private 'sailie' I've sometimes moored up at Hunters Yard overnight.  They don't demand a specific fee, but ask if you'd like to make a voluntary contribution to the Trust (they're a charity).  Sailies only though :)

As a 'Friend' of Hunters, I should add that there are times when there is not a lot of room - typically when large groups are starting/finishing their week... Lovely mooring though and the best showers on the Broads...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TrevorAndDeirdre said:

Barnes charge £10.00 over night and £2.00 extra if you want hook up for electric.

Barnes have occasionally given me the electric hook up FOC, I must be either special or look poor :-) 

• Like 1