Rip Off Portsmouth

SPEEDTRIPLE

I think it is fairly common for residents to be able to access local attractions, either free of charge or more cheaply. Maybe it's because very often their local taxes etc go towards funding the attraction in the first place. 

Residents of the diocese of Canterbury (and that covers a very large area including Dover and Folkestone) can apply for a permanent free pass to the cathedral and grounds and that maybe the case for other cathedrals too, I don't know.

15 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I think it is fairly common for residents to be able to access local attractions, either free of charge or more cheaply. Maybe it's because very often their local taxes etc go towards funding the attraction in the first place. 

Residents of the diocese of Canterbury (and that covers a very large area including Dover and Folkestone) can apply for a permanent free pass to the cathedral and grounds and that maybe the case for other cathedrals too, I don't know.

Wish it was the case around here! We can get is season tickets, generally about three times the 'usual' entrance price and that can be good value for such as Africa Alive & Sealife. For most things we get 'stung' just as much as the visitors do!

7 hours ago, Matt said:

Apart from during the "annual Dorset residents week" where 50 business offer 2 for 1 deals for Dorset Residents........

http://www.thebreaker.co.uk/news/regional/2016/04/13/dorset-businesses-get-set-dorset-residents-week/

That is a seasonal only promotion Matt, and NOT available ALL year round. We went to Portsmouth last weekend, in October, hardly the summer season?. As far as the offer goes though, it`s obviously not very well publiciised, and in all honesty i`ve never even seen or heard of it until you posted above. I`l ask around and find out if others know about it, though i doubt they will.  That said, even as a resident, i don`t think it fair i should be charged LESS than somebody else who does`nt live here.

In all the years i`ve been coming to Norfolk, i don`t think, well not to my knowledge anyway?, i`ve ever had to pay more than the locals for anything.