Order Restored

addicted

Well that's it for another year, all the decorations down and returned to their storage cupboard. I always prefer to do this a little early as there is always something that escapes our notice and is spotted lurking somewhere obscure a few days later so if we do it early there's no danger of going past 12th night with decorations still up. Silly superstition I suppose but I always observe it anyway,

Carole

• Like 2

Hi, Carole.

We started to take down our decorations yesterday and we prefer to do it a bit at a time (to be finished by 12th Night) so that the rooms don't look so bare.

We went into the Hockham Eagle one night and it was  festive and really well decorated and then........ the next night it's back to bare bones... quite a shock really.

However, each according to their wishes and mine is.........

Happy New Year to You!     iceslice

• Like 2

Many thanks and likewise to you and yours .Actually I quite like it when everything is back to status quo. I know a lot of folk feel it al looks quite bare at first and I think the national grid is probably quite grateful for the reduction in demand  when I take down all the  lights.  but on the whole I am quite happy to have everything back to normal  (that's when I've remembered where I've stored everything  that had to be relocated to make room for the decorations) There's something to be said for doing the job  in stages even if it's only so that you don't feel as exhausted as we do at the moment!

Carole

• Like 1

I disconnected all the timers for the outside and inside lights after the timers switched off last night, Tan is starting taking the cards down today and starting taking down the Christmas tree in the bay window.

The outside lights and conservatory tree will have to wait until the weekend.

Regards

Alan