Red Arrows There's Something Different

Timbo

its funny they said that their viewing point was the closest you could get to the red arrows on the runway, but I have to disagree, at manston airport the taxiway and turn to the runway was only 30 yards from the fence on the perimeter road where we parked up to watch them take off and land, the beauty of this being they lined up for take off right next to us.

these are from Bournmouth - 2007

DSCF2914.JPG

DSCF2918.JPG

DSCF2936.JPG

DSCF2939.JPG

DSCF2933.JPG

DSCF2934.JPG

DSCF2913.JPG

• Like 1

Without being flight or ground crew, I probably had the best view of the arrows or the historic flight. Just open the back door of the buildings I was working in and watch. That would be from the avionics building at RAF Scampton or RAF Coningsby, no fences in the way. Or when  I watched  Arrows at RAF Locking flying lower than the building I was in ( on a slight hill side.)

• Like 2

Interesting watching their practice the other day from the father in laws garden. The back right two planes of the 'five' formation are not quite as tight as the others.

I dunno the technical terms but we call them the 'five' and 'four'. Each 'group' seem to practice separately at the beginning of the year and then seem to join the 'nine' formation together. The 'four' seem to do the more tricky bits. Seems to be quite a bit of practice flying inverted going on the other day. Quite low too...rather odd looking through the glass roof of the car to see the plane upside down above you as it crosses the road by the Showground!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gracie said:

the guy's in uniform on the ground were pretty amazing to watch, too :naughty:

Grace

Oh darlin so predicable that. :hiding:  :hardhat:

From the mouths of blondes is the only place it could possibly come from. Mind saying that the girls in uniform at Clacton Air Show put on a good display in there selves lol .

cheers Charlie xx xx :kiss (loves yer really darlin)

• Like 1