Sailing Zoe

Polly

At first we planned to stay at an hotel and come to the meet by car. Then a very rare flash of inspiration came to me, hire Zoe! A quick check of the Martham Boats website confirmed that she was available, this was looking good!

Zoe is a pretty little 27ft, 2 berth saily, and is the oldest hire boat on the Broads. It seems she was first named 'Jubilee' in honour of Queen Victoria, because she dates back to the nineteenth century; she may be old but we have seen her  zooming about on Hickling in a proper high wind- she can go! Ellen Mc Arthur hired her once, and discovered that you needed a quant pole on the Broads, unlike in the Vendee Globe. :facepalm:

i have had two sailing ambitions for many years, and sailing Zoe is one of them, hiring White Moth being the other; so I  am really excited to be bringing this lovely piece of Broads history to the meet. If you are at Salhouse, do drop in to see her.

Here she is on Craig's database.

image.jpeg

• Like 11

There is a Zoe listed in the 2003 and 2015 races under hire cruisers( and probably others but I haven't looked), unfortunately they don't give the true sail number or BA reg number so thats not 100% certain but it is likely.

• Like 1

Hopefully, I'll see her, as I count the boats round the bouy on Hickling broad this year.

Must remember to charge up tablet and see if I can link to Hickiing sailing clubs WiFi, and put comments as to what happening in the race.. I forgot it and left it behind last year....

• Like 2

• 4 years later...