Opening Day

I went after roach, size 20 hooks, Drennan Crystallite, 1.5.lbs hook lengths, baited with a single maggot and i ended up with twelve of these, biggest just shy of six pounds, smallest over four! Started just after four, caught a handful of tiddlers. bream moved in about six, wow! Went up to the house, grinning from ear to ear and probably beyond only to be greeted with 'god you stink'! Yep, great smell is bream!!

P6161593.JPG

• Like 11

Congratulations, Well done.

Am I jealous? - Normally YES! - But not this time 'Mr old as Robin Hoods Oak and twice as wise as an owl'.

Soon be the end of the month and then five glorious days fishing above PHB with some of the regular crew from our 'Lads Week'  whilst onboard a traditional woody, not any old woody but our very own 'B.A' , complete with all the luxuries of home  minus one MrsG,  + One Macie dog - Beat that!

Griff

P.S - We have a spare berth on offer too!

Went out again this evening better equipped for catching bream, e.g. 6 lbs line, size ten hook with half a dozen maggots and what did I catch? More bream, no! Stonking great roach, yes! No perch or other species though, just bream & roach. All in all a real red letter day! Makes up for opening day 2016.

• Like 2