Id Required

grendel

At the Beccles Wooden boat show at the weekend we were approached by a lady trying to find her dads old boat, it had been on the broads and was a wooden cruiser, that had been taken from the broads up north for restoration. The photo she had was not the best, but there was one distinctive feature, the cruiser had a rudder, with a tiller bar, rather than a wheel- she did mention the name, but I cant remember now.

the lady had just the one picture and it was badly folded through the years, we did tell her to go on here and ask, it was quite a short wooden cruiser, with quite a wide beam, and I did suggest to her that it may have been converted from a yacht. Robin may remember the name as he tried looking it up on Craigs site.

She believed the name to be Wroxham Venture - but I am none too sure if this was ever in hire, certainly from what she said at the time she was on it it was her fathers own boat. I had a look in the old 'data base' with no luck - wide beam, aft cockpit looking with a wide side deck and the top of the coach house roof had a raised centre section with three small windows in it (much like a Herbert Woods design). The cabin windows had white frames and were large for the size of boat.