Cruising With Jane Mcdonald

SwanR

Did anyone else catch this programme? It's a new series which started on Friday evening. I've just watched the first one which was a Baltic cruise to Copenhagen, Tallinn, St Petersburg and Helsinki. Great fun, very entertaining. I've never been on a cruise but this one looked very good. 

Saw Jane McDonald many years ago at the Cliffs Pavilion in Southend when she was at the height of her fame from the cruise ship documentary programme where she first appeared on tv. She's definitely still got a very lively and bubbly personality.

• Like 3

Interesting but I wish she would slum it in steerage like the rest of the hoi-polloi.  Sure, the cruise companies see this kind of programme as a great marketing opportunity, but I think  this gives the average punter a totally unrealistic expectation of the accommodation on a cruise ship.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 2

I watched this, thought it quite entertaining, although to be honest I find Jane McDonald a bit irritating. I'd like to have seen more of the boat than just the glimpses we got. Was I even vaguely  interested in a Jane McDonald look alike Russian doll? Well no! But then the last series was full of this sort of gratuitous minutiae as well. I will watch the next one as anything boat related is attractive to me. I'll grin and bear Jane McDonald!

Carole

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 years later...