Peace At Last

Broadsword

Typical DJ I'm afraid. We went to s 50th wedding Anniversary bash a couple of years ago and the music was diabolical,   Rap  or something that sounds like that! One of our group went up to the DJ and gave  him a real telling off.  "Look around" she said, " who do you see here that is going to enjoy rubbish like that?. "The clue is in  the name of the celebration. 50th Anniversary. Our generation produced some of the best music of all time, so let's be having something more appropriate" In the face of such fury he didn't dare not oblige!

CarolE

35 minutes ago, addicted said:

Typical DJ I'm afraid. We went to s 50th wedding Anniversary bash a couple of years ago and the music was diabolical,   Rap  or something that sounds like that! One of our group went up to the DJ and gave  him a real telling off.  "Look around" she said, " who do you see here that is going to enjoy rubbish like that?. "The clue is in  the name of the celebration. 50th Anniversary. Our generation produced some of the best music of all time, so let's be having something more appropriate" In the face of such fury he didn't dare not oblige!

CarolE

And quite right so ! And yep a 60s child just , no1 when I was born ,  Johnnie kid n the pirates " shaking all over " :default_beerchug: rock on :default_beerchug: 

19 minutes ago, addicted said:

a friend of mine was actually going out with Johnnie Kidd at the time that record was climbing the hit parade

Talking of things 60s my dad was superintendent registrar of Bradford west Yorkshire and his deputy was the drummer in the pretty things , who with the right management could have been just as big as the Beatles thinking about it  :default_biggrin:

5 minutes ago, Ricardo said:

Talking of things 60s my dad was superintendent registrar of Bradford west Yorkshire and his deputy was the drummer in the pretty things , who with the right management could have been just as big as the Beatles thinking about it  :default_biggrin:

Under Sunbridge Road in Bradford city centre in what was the very original jail carved into a cave, was the complete remains of a 1960's underground cafe venue. When I visited it was being used as car parking for a couple of shops. The underground cafe was still intact with bar, table and chairs and one cubby hole chiselled out of the rock bears the signatures of a whole host of sixties bands. A complete time capsule, amazing place!

• Like 1