More exciting news from Waveney River Centre - Max the giant Newfoundlandpopped over this week and mentioned that the new Poolside Café will be opening this Friday.

Not content with running the ever-popular Waveney Inn, Nigel & Tracy have taken charge of the pool and will be offering cooked breakfasts, lunches, afternoon teas and heaven knows what else, all season. Hash browns have even been mentioned (my favourite) so I'll be flapping my way up there on Friday morning at 8:30 sharp.

Rumour has it that there will be pool entertainment including an inflatable hour and other fun stuff during the school holidays.

I'm lovin' it.

Eddie x

Well, its 10.10am and we are back !!

I have to say that the breakfast at Julie's (very, very nice lady) is probably one of the best at a cafe and all for £5 !! and Heinz baked beens to boot - none of that own brand rubbish !!

We met Julie and Nigel for the first time, what lovely people - we are looking forward already to many more early breakfast's up the river !!

AND, the swimming pool is HOT HOT HOT !

Hi Eddie

your keeper has been busy new shower heated pool we will certainly be stopping at WRC on our VIP's two weeker twice like we did last year loved the nice welcome same goes for the pub loved there food aswell the riverside shop. but now we have a heated pool new shower to look forward to.

could you ask your master if its still £9 for 24 hour mooring also does he have a price list for the pool & sauna ect a menu wouldn't go a miss for the cafe if he can :wavecheersbarcheersbarcheersbar

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

Just thought i'd let you all know the pool is now open for the season here at WRC

Tracey and Nigel who run the pub are looking after it now

and guess what they are doing food

inc breakfasts and hot drinks etc

it looks really nice in there and hopefully will get a good response from the customers

so if your passing pop in for a cuppa and say hi to them

they could do with the support

and thanks to Luke (lucky) and his wife Claire

they were the 1st customers this morning when they opened the doors at 8.30

he did say hi to me and thought i wouldn't rem him

trust me Luke once seen never forgotten bud :wave

Thought the cafe might have been in the gym area as I have never seen this used, but pictures show it where it always was.

If Tracey and Nigel are looking after it I am sure it will be a big hit, they seem to have the knack of providing just what the customer wants.

Guest Tracy M

Hi, New member Tracy here (aka JULIE!!!) Thanks to everyone for the nice comments about the cafe, it's lovely to look on a forum and see people offering support and encouragement! I look forward to cooking for as many of you as possible over the coming season. Lucky, I will forgive you getting my name wrong as, being my first cafe customer you are "special" as your photo suggests!

Hi Tracey. Good to see you on the forum at last.

Just wishing you good luck with your latest venture. Not that you will need it, sure you Nigel and the family will do just as good a job with it as you do the pub.

All the best Ian and Heather.

Hi Tracey

welcome to the forum we loved the WRC when we stopped twice last year to use the pool ended up eating in the pub twice swimming more than twice looks like stopping at the cafe more than once :lol::lol:

i am shure you will get loads of members stopping at the cafe so i wish you a very busy season of cooking cheersbar:wave

P.S Can we have a menu :grin::grin: dont be strangers now :grin::grin:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice