Bound2Please

mods hat off

Well as 2017 draws to a close, the first thing I wish to do is wish all friends old and new, members new and old a very merry Christmas and healthy new year. To all non christian friends may you all have fantastic celebrations on your celebratory dates. Today is the day I believe that all messages of good will should be said (just my opinion).

We have had quite a few members in 2017 with health issues, to those that have said about them in posts, I wish you all the very best with your recoveries and fights against them, sadly some fights do get lost. To all with illnesses my thoughts are with each and everyone of you.

Right looking back on it 2017 has been a strange year indeed on the forum. It seems from my eyes and ears, that a lot that should never have surfaced has, from the bickering through to a lot of negativity and bullying. We did very very nearly loose the forum this year, due to the guidelines not being adhered to, so lets not go their again.

If you don't agree with someones opinion, just think before you type, as a lot of what is typed I am sure would never be said face to face no matter what is said in the typing of follow ups. All opinions are just that one persons opinion, if you dont agree fine, but turn it into a bickering argument, just agree to disagree and move on. A discussion is fine but the bickering has been beyond belief this year.

As for the face book type posts lets just keep them as that on face book shall we in 2018!.

Now the bullying, whether it is in real time, cyber, disguised as some thing else, I for one hate it, I will as I have always done do my very best to stamp it out, I for one have no room for it in my life.

So now looking forwards to 2018, I would like just to wish and hope,  that everyone will just stop and think before posting argumentative posts, to gain reactions and or to bully. Lets keep the NBN family a happy fun filled one in 2018

To finish I would like wish everyone a Happy, Healthy and Broadsy (if that is a word) 2018.

I will repeat this is from me Charlie without mod hat on. I dont want it cause unrest, bickering, arguing or any thing else this just my outlook and wishes.

Merry Christmas and fantastic new year. Charlie

• Like 8
  • Thanks 9

Well, that was said with feeling, Charlie!

I too, believe that Christmas Eve is the time for good wishes and Susie and I extend ours to all of you, for a good day tomorrow and all the best for the New Year, wherever you are, and whether ashore or afloat.

2017 is also a special year for us, as it marks our return to the Broads after 30 years away, and for the first time, as holidaymakers. I have made a whole new set of friends over the last couple of years on this forum and have been able to meet a lot of you in person. I think it is very important to meet up and have a chat over a pint. That way you know so much better, who you are talking to when you make posts on the forum. We look forward to meeting even more of you next year.

Yes, 2017 has been difficult for the forum, indeed tragic at times, but I feel sure we are over the worst!

Our very best wishes to you all,

Vaughan and Susie.    :default_xmas6:

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

Wow, what a powerful and heartfelt post Charlie, I agree with every single word :default_icon_kiss: We very nearly became a place where I didn't want to be but thanks to an excellent team it was dealt with and now as far as I'm concerned we are well and truly back on track.

A heartfelt and genuine thank you to all the guys behind the scenes that make this forum what it is and allow us to chat to friends that some of us have met in person, some of us will in the future and some we haven't met yet

Vaughan, you have taught me so much since you joined, such a font of knowledge, some of your posts so witty you have me rolling with laughter. I hope you and Susie have a lovely Christmas

Grace :default_xmas2:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I am not one for frequent or long posts as I prefer to loiter and read the posts and opinions of those who are generally much more accomplished at putting their thoughts into the written word, for the first time I would like to say that I heartily agree with all the above sentiments and would like to say to everyone - have a happy and healthy Christmas , and a great new year :default_drinks::594c04f570582_default_happyparty:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I agree , this is a great place with lots of knowledgable and kind people . The hard work which goes on behind the scenes , I can only imagine , my heartfelt thanks goes out to them all .

Before I " submit " anything , here or any other site , I always ask myself if I would be prepared to say it face to face ? And if the answer is yes , I send it.  

It's  also the advice I give to my not so young kids. It stil, didn't prevent me from being sent to the naughty corner here for a while , in a post which I genuinely meant as light hearted!  .   I didn't mean to cause any grief , and has resulted in me not posting on here very much .

We live and learn by our mistakes , and being human, we will always make them I suppose . 

My best wishes are sent to all , and I look forward to booking a boat in the new year and telling you all about it , and finding out all the latest " hot spots" 

Happy Christmas everyone .

Neil

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, DaveB said:

I am not one for frequent or long posts as I prefer to loiter and read the posts and opinions of those who are generally much more accomplished at putting their thoughts into the written word, for the first time I would like to say that I heartily agree with all the above sentiments and would like to say to everyone - have a happy and healthy Christmas , and a great new year :default_drinks::594c04f570582_default_happyparty:

I am same as DaveB  with my pefering to loiter and read  as I am not good with writing long posts but whole heartedly agree with all above posts .

Merry Christmas and happy new year to all     hopefully bump into some of you in 2018 on the broads

• Like 5