Web Cam - View With A Difference

Markw

Hi all,

Was not sure whether to post this here - or in the holidays section...

However, i know some of us enjoy clicking on the various webcam feeds from around the broads - so hopefully this might appeal to some of you.

We are fortunate enough to holiday in Fort Lauderdale  for a couple of weeks for the past 2 years and are getting to know the area really well.  We are back again in May this year and cannot wait. For those of you that dont know - Fort Lauderdale is on the east coast of the states - in Florida approx 30 miles north of Miami and  as well as the atlantic coastline, sits on part of a large intracoastal waterway system (some 3000 miles of navigable waterways around the whole south eastern US).  I will post some stories and pics in the holidays section as & when i get chance - but it is advertised as the yachting capital of the world (typical america!!) and we rent a lovely villa directly on the waterway so we get to sunbathe with drinks in hand, whilst we watch a multitude of boats go past.  We also hire a boat for a day or two whilst we are there.

So, along the waterway are many live webcams and this one is great to stick on the laptop / tablet on a Sunday evening (or any evening) and watch the world come & go (in 30 degrees) in Florida.  Dont forget - they are 5 hours behind us in the UK!!.

Not sure on rules of posting links - but google the following;

15th Street Fisheries in Fort Lauderdale

This is a restaurant we visit - when the page opens you will see a lovely pic of the restaurant (there is a fuel pontoon in front of it) taken from the opposite side of the waterway - check out the boats you can see just in that pic - then click on Dock Cam - this will then give you the pics from the restaurant overlooking the fuel pontoon / waterway and the 15th Street road bridge (that lifts every 30 mins to allow the yachts to pass).

Hope you like this one for a change of scenery - there are many other webcams in the area - including ones where you can watch the huge cruise liners leaving port - they pass within 50 feet of the shoreline - quite an impressive sight....

Mark & Jules

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Brilliant. I have a list of webcams that I often look at. I find it so interesting to be able to see what the weather is like or what is happening in other parts of the UK and further afield. So I'm always looking for any good webcams that people have found and have bookmarked this one. Thanks for sharing it. :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SwanR said:

So I'm always looking for any good webcams that people have found and have bookmarked this one. Thanks for sharing it. :)

Hi SwanR,

Thought you might like to look at the Linlithgow Union  Canal Society web site Lucs.org especially at weekends it can be quite interesting 

• Thanks 1

Both Hickling Broad, and Horning Sailing clubs have web cams.

Hickling club watch their end of the broad, their events start 18th March,

Hornings cams watch both up and down river,  as well as watching normal river traffic, on any Sunday throughout the year you can see either Horning or Snowflake sailing club  action. The other 4 web cams on HSCs Site are only active during the 3 rivers race.

Things to watch,

SFSC sail  from 10:45 to about 15:00 on a Sunday (their season finishes in about three weeks)

HSC sail from 09:45 to about 16:00. on a Sunday (their season starts on the 25th March, for the following 6 months.)

HSC also has the Sail training school from Thursday 3rd May, in the evenings.

HSC has Laser radio control sailing on Wednesdays.

HSC have a lot of events on Saturdays as well, incuding the 3 Rivers race 2nd and 3rd of June, and Regatta week 29th July to the 3rd of August this year.

All three clubs programmes are available on the net..

I've also seen otters, seals!!! and Kingfishers at HSC