Good Luck Liverpool

7 minutes ago, Paul said:

You didn't distract our keeper in the process did you?

Unlucky Paul, your goalkeeper certainly through a couple in the net , which was the difference between the two teams really.   Is your goalkeeper Scottish :default_icon_eek:

Some goal from Bale , Ronaldo is a shadow of the player he once was. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend .

• Like 1

Sadly I never saw the match,bad luck Liverpool. Money drives the game.The talk about selling Wembley I think is a disgrace. It's the National  stadium and I believe should stay like that and not sold to the highest bidder. They say it will give lots of money to grass roots football. I seem to remember they said that when they sold the rights to sky and other net works.For sure it's brought lots of money to the top flight,Not so much to the lower leagues. Why not have a sort out at the FA and get some replacement with forward thinking!

• Like 1

Unashamedly I was glad Real won ? (being a city fan!).

Thought that Salah going off was pivotal and after that Real were worthy winners, especially the Bale goal. Really feel for Karius, that will potentially ruin his career I hope he gets good personsl support.

5 hours ago, Chelsea14Ian said:

The talk about selling Wembley I think is a disgrace. It's the National  stadium and I believe should stay like that and not sold to the highest bidder. They say it will give lots of money to grass roots football. I seem to remember they said that when they sold the rights to sky and other net works.For sure it's brought lots of money to the top flight,Not so much to the lower leagues.

Absolutely right Ian, in fact nothing at all in real terms. Clubs will tell you that money from TV deals allows them to filter money down into their local grass roots game but in reality very few even make an attempt. The formation of the Premier League was all about the twenty teams involved being able to keep all of the money paid for sponsorship and TV rights and they don't let go of it easily. 

I have long held the opinion that clubs finances be better controlled, and that clubs should pay a fee to the FA on a rising scale based on the level of their income. Loopholes used by the big clubs to bring in money from sugar daddy owners need to be closed. I grew up in an era where at least half of the 22 teams in (the then) Division 1 had a realistic chance of winning it. Now, at best you have to say there are three, and for the next few years it looks like that number could be reduced to the lowest cardinal number.