Nbn App

Just wondering whether there is any progress on sorting out the alignment of emoticons or whether we are stuck with the current situation?

I’m using the app while away and the topic about the C Word (!!!) highlights how unfortunate it is to still be seeing words where pictures should be such as “default _reindeer_flashinglights99”. It interrupts the flow of reading topics.

Plus you can still only “like” a post as opposed to all the other options on the main site.

Just wondered whether there is any update about the app functionality.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

There are a few jobs on the list which I think the tech team will be doing in the next few months when things are a bit less hectic.

The app can't really be changed, though, so there is a limit to what can be achieved. Any changes need to be made on this side.

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

I don’t have the answer to your question but can say that despite having the app I never think to use it! The site scales well and works fine in a browser on both my Android tablet using Chrome and my iPhone using Safari. 

I have to admit that I much prefer the browser version, I too use Safari on an iPhone and iPad. I did try the app but didn’t get on with it. I know that will bring some comments but I am an oldie so allowed to be pedantic (or old fashioned!).

My biggest issue was that the emoticons didn’t all display, you saw the text code instead, which made it hard to read. Don’t know if that was ever resolved as I haven’t looked at the app in a long while. 

On 08/08/2019 at 11:21, TeamElla said:

Why do I get this message when trying to download the NBN App from the iPhone (Apple) App Store:-

"App Not Available

This app is currently not available in your country or region"

(Surely Kent's not that remote) .....

We know what the issue is and it will be resolved within the next few days....

• 2 weeks later...

@TeamElla Please can you give it another try.

The problem should be resolved now... It was down to Apple not collecting an automated payment from us :default_rolleyes:

Believe it or not, it costs NBN £79 a year to have the free iOS app in the store - And that's on top of other costs for running our platform, of course.

On 20/08/2019 at 10:24, oldgregg said:

@TeamElla Please can you give it another try.

The problem should be resolved now... It was down to Apple not collecting an automated payment from us :default_rolleyes:

Believe it or not, it costs NBN £79 a year to have the free iOS app in the store - And that's on top of other costs for running our platform, of course.

Thanks OG,

Re-installed and in use again for a few days now

Ta v much

Rgds,

Steve

• Like 2

On 12/08/2019 at 06:45, Kron said:

Oh dear, hope everyone was ok!

Sorry Kron,

Missed your post entirely.

Thanks for your concern. No personal physical damage, since I dropped the phone (when clouds of smoke became accompanied by a 1 inch long flame!).

And no loss of data (thanks to the "Cloud"). The sofa, carpet and rug are as different story but the house insurance payout helped.

Steve 

p.s.

Can't help feeling sorry for the sea-going fraternity re these bridges. I can imagine the frustration.

We'll never suffer from that problem because I just have to be in a craft that I can sleep on but also makes it under THAT other notorious bridge at least once a year. (I wonder when that will mean sleeping in a canoe!)

• Like 2