Google Chrome

Stranger

Don't think Chrome would message you that you have a virus - it only tells you if you are about to visit a site known to be infected. If you are getting pop-up messages saying the same, it may be that your computer has been infected with some form of advertising application - "potentially unwanted program" I think they are referred as. Either way I would go to one of the on-line malware checkers and let it do a scan and clear the problem. I use either ESET or Malwarebytes. Both are free and should sort out any instances of unwanted programs which may have hitched a ride on your computer. 

• Thanks 1

to properly clear the cache of chrome, hit f12, a developers console appears on the right of the screen, now go to the reload symbol and right click it, you should get an option to empty cache and hard reload for the page you are visiting, this is the most comprehensive method of clearing the cache and reloading a webpage. once complete click the x in the console to close the console view.