• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• calender payment

Calendar Paymene

Delivery Options
    Your NBN Forum Username:

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Stranger

Google Chrome

Hi does anyone have problems with chrome? mine keeps throwing up  that i have 3 viruses but my   Avast virus scan says no problems im thinking of changing my Browser  whats  recomended by you users?

No problems on Chrome for me at the moment. I always like to have another working browser just in case I need it. I'm using a Mac and flip between Chrome and Safari.

Don't think Chrome would message you that you have a virus - it only tells you if you are about to visit a site known to be infected. If you are getting pop-up messages saying the same, it may be that your computer has been infected with some form of advertising application - "potentially unwanted program" I think they are referred as. Either way I would go to one of the on-line malware checkers and let it do a scan and clear the problem. I use either ESET or Malwarebytes. Both are free and should sort out any instances of unwanted programs which may have hitched a ride on your computer. 

• Thanks 1

Chrome suddenly won't play some videos properly  ( Really Zoomed In) . I haven't been able to find the problem so I've downloaded FireFox just to get around this this.

A good starting point is to clear the Internet cache quite a few pop up messages are not viruses but advertising attached to cookies

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Thanks 1

Another thing you could try is cccleaner. Simple to download and use. its free to download

Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app

• Like 1

Both of the last two suggestions are good advice in general use another option if it has been corrupted  is to uninstall it and then reinstall, Revo uninstaller is a good free tool for this as it gives a cleaner uninstall with a scan for left overs.

Fred

to properly clear the cache of chrome, hit f12, a developers console appears on the right of the screen, now go to the reload symbol and right click it, you should get an option to empty cache and hard reload for the page you are visiting, this is the most comprehensive method of clearing the cache and reloading a webpage. once complete click the x in the console to close the console view.

Sorted,   done a system reset  so back to a blank canvas lol all I have on start up is the recycle bin and Microsoft edge