Storebro 34 Royal, Ever Owned One?

Morning all,

Found one of these for sale which I like the lines of and compared to others for sale seems a good price even though it does need finishing. Have I got it right that it a grp> wood <grp sandwich hull and has anyone any experiance or comments of them one way or the other?

As always, thanks in advance.

35 minutes ago, MauriceMynah said:

If it is, I'd make sure you get the best boat surveyor going. Sorry and all that but I'd be very cautious.

Thanks, used the search box after posting and comments found weren`t encouraging tbh so think I`ll give it a miss.

27 minutes ago, vanessan said:

Any idea what the air draft is on that?

Can`t find that info, pretty high I`d say.

1 hour ago, VetChugger said:

All I have ever read about Storboro boats has been very positive and they do hold value well and quite a high one as well. Chunky Scandanavian built boats with high quality interior woodwork. A lot seemed more suited to coastal use and the Thames though being twin engined.

Only seen a few pictures online however the interior woodmanship looks top notch, agree about coastal use which is not my agenda so despite it being a third of the asking price compared to others currently advertised I guess it is best if I pass. 

I owned one for several years, wood topsides GRP hull, the wood maintenance became too much like hard work as mentioned on a recent post. They are very well built with quality interior wood finish. Twin engines provided more than enough power, air draft 9’6”. I have owned several boats but the Storebro Royal the best by far.

Attached a pic a couple of years ago, leaving Gt Yarmouth harbour............ we weren’t out very long ! 

516327A3-9B01-4000-BA04-DD99780B3793.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Lastdraft said:

I owned one for several years, wood topsides GRP hull, the wood maintenance became too much like hard work as mentioned on a recent post. They are very well built with quality interior wood finish. Twin engines provided more than enough power, air draft 9’6”. I have owned several boats but the Storebro Royal the best by far.

Attached a pic a couple of years ago, leaving Gt Yarmouth harbour............ we weren’t out very long ! 

516327A3-9B01-4000-BA04-DD99780B3793.jpeg

Thanks for the reply, maybe if I was younger then :default_biggrin:.  Lovely looking boat all the same.