Hoseasons 83 Brochure Wanted

smitch6

On 24/06/2019 at 12:41, FairTmiddlin said:

Only one I can think of is Crown Cruisers who were in Oulton Broad until 1988 then moved to Somerleyton

Weren’t Crown Cruisers were in St Olaves prior to moving to Somerleyton, I don’t ever remember them being in Oulton Broad.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 30/05/2020 at 19:19, Kaiiboy said:

Hi we have a 67ft Dartline.Called Warwick from Bunbury. She was built around 1980. Does anyone have any knowledge of her? Cheers Sharron 

Just checked the 1981 Good Boat Guide and Dartline didn't have a 67ft in their fleet at Bunbury, only a 68ft. Unfortunately there aren't any boat names in the GBG. Perhaps she was a private build.

On 30/05/2020 at 19:19, Kaiiboy said:

Hi we have a 67ft Dartline.Called Warwick from Bunbury. She was built around 1980. Does anyone have any knowledge of her? Cheers Sharron 

If you are still looking for info....

I think she is 68ft, and was advertised as such at least and I think she was built a few years later, maybe 1984-ish

She was built for Dartline's fleet at Bunbury and then around 1992 they advertised a handful as Dee Valley Narrowboats under Hoseason's (whereas the Dartline fleet was Blakes) and so the cabin sides were painted from Dartline's white into a red-ish colour (normally only seen on their Traditional style classes).  Realistically this was just marketing and the fleet was ran with them all integrated with one another.  When the Dee Valley fleet/approach was dropped the colours weren't changed back.

In 1997 Dartline was bought by Anglo Welsh.  Anglo Welsh were going to  float the company and they wanted/needed as many boats as possible.  For 1998 the boats were rebranded into Anglo Welsh's colours and name and the boats were renamed and she became Nantwich.

Three photo's...

First one from January 1996 as Warwick, at Bunbury

Second from February 1999 as Nantwich with Anglo Welsh (Town class) at Bunbury

Third from August 2002 in Anglo Welsh's short lived new colour scheme and probably around the time, or close to  her last season and moored near Ellesmere

Dan

Warwick and Nantwich.jpg

• Like 3

On 02/02/2019 at 14:30, DAVIDH said:

More images of pages  from Hoseasons and Blakes brochures for those who like to see them - this time 1975 and 1976.

brochure covers.jpg

Blakes brochure - notice Petit Barsac which at 19ft length must havebeen the shortest boat for hire on the Broads - unless you know different? Sanderling at the bottom was the first boat we hired in 1973, which in March cost us £29.

blakes1.jpg

Wishing Waters from Ripplecraft in Somerleyton had the distinction of being dual steer, incorporating a sort of flying bridge. Visionary thinking?

blakes2.jpg

Hoseasons brochures. We hired Calypso King in it's first season.

Hoseasons2.jpg

Take a look at the Oulton Broad houseboats for hire - all gone now.

Hoseasons1.jpg

Breedon Monarch always looked the business to me, a “proper” boat. Couldn’t persuade my parents to hire her though....

• Like 1