Led Lighting ... Wow

Well folks we joined the 21st century and changed all our bulbs from the heritage collection car type 12v to all LED. 

We were desperate not to lose the homely yellowish glow indoors which we think matches well with mouldy old wood and diesel aroma or woodie cruising. 

Well our first efforts turned the saloon into a gynecologists lady parts rummaging room. God Awful they were. I couldn’t decide whether to bend over and exhale ( procological mess about) or sit down and open my mouth for an examination by the mouth torturer ( dentist). Whatever the description in this case “warm white” the effect was retinal bleaching and a headache. 

So we sought version two and they are amazing , something yellow / pink number 5 or some such they are called and they look like heritage collection 12v car bulb glowness ( don’t care I know it’s not a word) but the leccy use is through the floor. 

All lamps now done and it’s simply amazing, which bodes well,  for if being at home is anything to go by the offspring and their mates / girlfriends only know on, never off. Funny that. So when they go boating the batteries won’t take an enormous battering. Latest to want to take the plunge with his mates ( one Polish one Swiss) is Justin my trusty crew for the past few seasons. He is a great helm but mooring not so much, this summer cruise is his shakedown before being set free  as captain of his own vessel.

Anyway what’s your opinions on LED, I was sceptical but technology has won me over in a big way. 

All your fault Charlie boy. Over to you 

M

Glad you’re ‘onboard’ with this at last. We converted ‘B.A’ over entirely to LED a while ago now, primarily to save using wigglies from the batteries. It works a treat.

Now just need to find a LED immersion element for the hot water. Failing that super conductivity cables.

The latest upgraded Solo Panals we have easily take care of the fridge with amps to spare

Griff

19 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

‘Our House’ ( Madness) is also fully LED including outside. Still need to convert the garage and loft though 

Griff

Forgot those my loft and garage are still fluorescent tubes