Boat Make And Model

Ste

Hi Everyone,

I bought this lovely boat last year and trying to identify what make and model she is - probably circa 1960s with a concrete hull and has an inboard Perkins Diesel engine.  I was told by the seller that historically she has been moored at the Norfolk Broads.  She has a closed front.  Her name is Lillian but cannot find any record of her.

Can anyone please help?  

E1970858-50A7-4F1F-B14C-62039FC8A6B5.jpeg

6 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

That's looking like a Windboats 26 seacrete hull with a unique top to me.

6 hours ago, JanetAnne said:

Thank you, I have no registration numbers unfortunately unless you can tell me where to locate them on a Windboats? 

53 minutes ago, Ste said:

Thank you, I have no registration numbers unfortunately unless you can tell me where to locate them on a Windboats? 

I would have a good look on the bottom of drawers, bunk boards, removable cupboard bottoms etc.

If she was a broads hire boat at some point and there is original furniture still fitted you can often find identity marks on bits and bobs. The reason for this is that boats were stripped out over the then much harsher winters and everything stored away in the boatyard. To stop a hundred or so drawers etc getting mixed up they all had their relevant boats identity on them.

These days the winters are much kinder and boats much drier inside so it's no longer a problem

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JanetAnne said:

I would have a good look on the bottom of drawers, bunk boards, removable cupboard bottoms etc.

If she was a broads hire boat at some point and there is original furniture still fitted you can often find identity marks on bits and bobs. The reason for this is that boats were stripped out over the then much harsher winters and everything stored away in the boatyard. To stop a hundred or so drawers etc getting mixed up they all had their relevant boats identity on them.

These days the winters are much kinder and boats much drier inside so it's no longer a problem

Awesome thanks, I’m going to the mooring tomorrow so will get my magnifying glass 🔍 out 👍

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 27/07/2019 at 12:27, Ste said:

Hi Everyone,

I bought this lovely boat last year and trying to identify what make and model she is - probably circa 1960s with a concrete hull and has an inboard Perkins Diesel engine.  I was told by the seller that historically she has been moored at the Norfolk Broads.  She has a closed front.  Her name is Lillian but cannot find any record of her.

Can anyone please help?  

E1970858-50A7-4F1F-B14C-62039FC8A6B5.jpeg

C621F206-EFC5-42E9-A30E-0B4DFD7B101D.jpeg

A71F4D76-7882-426A-BD2C-960B085C065C.jpeg

5AFEF1C7-E40C-4D89-BDF9-B6F7955EF2ED.jpeg

8A24CB70-C916-4509-A338-1A5E533634BB.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 27/07/2019 at 13:51, JanetAnne said:

Ste, I believe that you have been given the answer, see above. 

http://www.broads.org.uk/wiki2018/index.php?title=Boat_Details&BoatId=5742&BoatHistory=20192

Wndboats sold their hulls to all and sundry.