Cooking On The Corsican Part 53 Chicken Supreme

CheshireCat

One tip I learned in the week is to coat your chicken pieces in corn flour,  just lightly.     It really does help get a nice colour on the chicken and the chicken also retains its soft juicy ness (?)  I tried it Saturday night for a curry and it works.

4 hours ago, Hylander said:

One tip I learned in the week is to coat your chicken pieces in corn flour,  just lightly.     It really does help get a nice colour on the chicken and the chicken also retains its soft juicy ness (?)  I tried it Saturday night for a curry and it works.

Hi Monica,

I do not eat chicken but for Tan, I used to cook chicken breasts in water and cut them into strips, dried off I would put the strips into a frying pan with a little fry-light and sprinkle chicken Oxo cubs over the strips to give them a coating.  

Regards

Alan

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Monica,

I do not eat chicken but for Tan, I used to cook chicken breasts in water and cut them into strips, dried off I would put the strips into a frying pan with a little fry-light and sprinkle chicken Oxo cubs over the strips to give them a coating.  

Regards

Alan

Always looking for new ideas me, was that boil the chicken breasts and if so for roughly how long Alan?

10 minutes ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Always looking for new ideas me, was that boil the chicken breasts and if so for roughly how long Alan?

I tend to boil the chicken breasts from frozen in my lidded stir-fry pan, I usually cook for around 10 minutes turning once before cutting the chicken into strips to make sure it is fully cooked. Once coated with the oxo the strips can be used as part of a salad or served with new potatoes, mini corns & peas.

Regards

Alan 

• Thanks 1

Another option with thawed chicken breasts is to cut a pocket into the underside of the breast. You fill the pocket with stuffing, leave some of the dry stuffing mix which an be used with dried breadcrumbs to use as a coating for the chicken breasts. I usually fry these off in a little butter before putting into a hot oven (175 to 200) to finish off cooking. 

The cooked breasts can be cut into 3 or 4 strips to be used as part of a buffet. 

Regards

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hylander said:

You don't need to use corn flour any old flour will do it also help to thicken the sauce , you would not do it for chicken supreme as you want the to stay very light in colour .

8 hours ago, Hylander said:

Just been watching you on your youtube channel and have hit the bell so I will know when you have a new vlog ready.     

That is a very good idea and for any one out there that wishes  to follow my vlogs and just to put one thing to bed cooking on the Corsican is not going anywhere I may not upload one a week but when I have the time I will be making and uploading my cooking videos as it is something I really enjoy and love to share with people , so I hope people continue to watch and enjoy them and please comment how will I know what you guys think if know one tells me all the very best … cheers ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 6 months later...
On 08/10/2019 at 00:02, CheshireCat said:

That is a very good idea and for any one out there that wishes  to follow my vlogs and just to put one thing to bed cooking on the Corsican is not going anywhere I may not upload one a week but when I have the time I will be making and uploading my cooking videos as it is something I really enjoy and love to share with people , so I hope people continue to watch and enjoy them and please comment how will I know what you guys think if know one tells me all the very best … cheers ...

How I miss these guys.    Hope they are well and keeping their spirits up in the strange times.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hylander said:

How I miss these guys.    Hope they are well and keeping their spirits up in the strange times.

Believe me I miss them as well, One of the simple things I learnt was how to make a decent Yorkshire pudding mine never Seemed to rise which meant a very disappointing toad in the hole,over time I have made so many of the recipes and following instructions to date have never had a failure.

But when we finally manage to get back on our boats I think everybody will be too busy cleaning sorting things out and getting the boats Seaworthy I mean Broads worthy to think about cooking, let's pray it Is soon.

Believe me an army marches on its stomach and as long as day follows night people will always need feeding.   Just cannot wait for the day to come when I look at the web cams and see the boats all hurrying up and down the rivers.  

Yes ,  I too am praying every night for the end to this nightmare.