Birchwoo or Irchwood vs Pealine??

So I know I'm opening up a big can of worms on the sea boat front but lets have some open debate... Birchwood vs Sealine

Lets negate the already obvious point that Birchwood are no longer trading and make this an open for and against slot - I'm really curious to guage people's opinion here!!!

Has to be Sealine Gavin,as i had one and think they are the best going alongside Fairline.Great selection of boats for all people.

Ah it's a totally open question and hoping people will expand with what type of sealine they have - what they use it for etc... I've had this discussion a number of times recent;y and it is interesting what has come to light... just open and jovial research really - I know it's interesting in that I obviously have a vested view in asking!!

Hi Gav it depends very much on what you are looking for and what you are looking at.

Once you crack the 40' barrier then the boat is going to be a different animal to what most on here are running anyway, look at a Sealine 410 and you have a serious cruising vessel that will cope with anything you would want to be out in while retaining a sexiness that you are not going to get from a Birchwood But if you are looking for safe practicality the Birchwood probably has it.

If you want a sports cruiser to put a big smile on your face then in my opinion there is no comparison, Sealine all the way. :Stinky

Difficult this one, as you know I am looking at various types of boats to eventually replace HJII. I am still undecided weather to go planning or semi-displacement. Sealine, Birchwood or Fairline. :? Boats built between late 80's and late 90's I believe Sealine have the edge on design and finish. If you compare models such as the Sealine 330 statesman and the Birchwood 330 challenger my personal view is the Sealine has the edge. However, the Birchwood TS 37 has still not been ruled out, especially if we go the SD route. I would also prefer shafts rather than drives. This weekend had a look at a Sealine 350 statesman on shafts that would suit us perfectly.

Mind you, after visiting the boatshow this weekend and looking at new boats, on compairing three 42ft models, Sealine, Fairline & Princess, Sealine wouldn't even be in the running. :o To be honest if I could afford the like, I would be ordering the Princess.

cheersbar

This is so individual Gav. I was with Col on Sunday and we looked at the three 42ft'ers together, one after the other without anything inbetween.

Out of the three, and this might be a little bit of a shock to some, I would undoubtedly have the Fairline over the Princess and Sealine - Col, as hes said above would have the Princess. I thought the layout, build and finish quality was vastly supreme on the Fairline. I'm still not a fan of the slab Sealine design, but as I've said many times before, maybe in time I will change my mind - just as the masses did after Sealine introduced their market change years ago.

On older boats, as you would guess, I am Sealine through and through. They fit a 38ft boat into a 34ft shell and when I purchased Job Done, I couldn't find another boat that fitted my requirement for the money anyway near.

The Birchwood you are looking at is lovely of course, certainly a lot of boat for the money, but as I've said - the choice is very individual and I would opt for the S34 instead. However, from what I have gained from our many conversations regarding this I understand why your first choice is the Birchwoo !

BTW I was talking to Guy (EBY's) on Saturday at the BS and he said that they have to do some work on the S34 prior to sale. Didn't get much more info out of him though..

..........as long as theres plenty of room for sausages!!....... :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Actually.......was wondering if they should stay on Namaste?? :lol:

I guess its a bit like buyin a house........its down to the one that feels right..........thank heavens we finally found it!!

I think the boats say more about the owners than the owners do about the boats. Would I buy a Birchwood or a Sealine. No I would buy a Broom if I was heading north and a Princes if I was heading south.

The replies I expected for the reasons I expected. I totally agree that the sealine finish post 98ish is totally excellent and I also agree with the reasons some prefer the sd route. I'm just really intrigued having been looking around the marketplace how sealines sell so well in some areas and bot others. I like them both as manufaturers but avoided bringing fairline into the picture

A great convo

psssst..."Pea Shunter" here :naughty::naughty::naughty:

You cant expect to run a post like this with out a comment from me can you now! :norty:

I think just about everything that can be said has been said...and very well said too.

My early leaning towards sealine (and fairline I suppose) was simply because they are a little more "bling" for your buck than most other craft and seem to hold a good resale value. So it was a sort of "sexy" but "safe" bet.

Having said that, I can fully see why people like the birchwood, especially now having seen waynes new whopper! :naughty: it is lovely because the previous encumbent had spent a considerable amount on modernising its interior...and it looks fabulous!

We have a Birchwood TS49 (1st time I have ever seen one) at St Olaves marina, and although I have not seen its interior, it is a mighty awesome boat!

Here is a piccy of Wayne and crew on the new beastie, taken yesterday!

post-718-136713765818_thumb.jpg

hiya

A really difficult question, that really takes some thinking about when changing boats. From what we have seen unless you have a very deep pocket indeed no one make or model has everything that you are looking for. So it's a question of priorities and how you (and your crew) will use it.

It would be interesting to make up some sort of tick sheet with the top 20 things that people think important in a boat then score the makes / models on this - then again perhaps not - maybe boats and boating is much more individual than that :grin:

Some boats go fast, some have a fly bridge and some are trimmed nicely down below :naughty:

Anyway - at the boat show today - :o

rgds

Wayne

hiya

A really difficult question, that really takes some thinking about when changing boats. From what we have seen unless you have a very deep pocket indeed no one make or model has everything that you are looking for. So it's a question of priorities and how you (and your crew) will use it.

It would be interesting to make up some sort of tick sheet with the top 20 things that people think important in a boat then score the makes / models on this - then again perhaps not - maybe boats and boating is much more individual than that :grin:

Some boats go fast, some have a fly bridge and some are trimmed nicely down below :naughty:

Anyway - at the boat show today - :o

rgds

Wayne

Congratulations on the new boat you guys. I can't wait to see it in the flesh! :clap:clap

Birchwood in their heyday of the 80's made the better boats whereas sealine's heyday was the 90's. Birchwoods were built in Mansfield buy honest salt of the earth hard working people and this sums the boats up.

Birchwood in their heyday of the 80's made the better boats whereas sealine's heyday was the 90's. Birchwoods were built in Mansfield buy honest salt of the earth hard working people and this sums the boats up.

you mean "chavvy" not "blingy" then??? :naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty::P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P:P