Pet Charges

Broads01

34 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

If I were still involved with letting caravans or boats then I would continue to offer both dog free and dogs welcome accommodation. 

As Terry in the new inn at rockland says, "dogs are welcome, owners are tolerated".

• Haha 1

This is one of the reasons I am so much more relaxed in our own boat. I can change furniture covers as often as I like and I know exactly where I have to thoroughly clean in the event of an unfortunate mishap. They do happen, all too easily, and I always found myself on edge on a hire boat (and in cottages or hotels) despite keeping upholstery well and truly covered. I know others think like I do but unfortunately there are those that are quite happy to leave others to clean up after them. They are the ones who spoil it for other hirers and the result is that hire companies don’t want them. 

• Like 2

In the years of my job, I have found that a lot of dogs are cleaner than their owners. The boatyards know that a lot of dog owners will pay those extra bucks to have their lovable dogs along with them. Their cleaners have the same job  whether it be animal or human!

There is no difference.

• Like 2