Throwers In Ludham

VetChugger

The story about the pre war Ludham Butcher is an interesting one. In those days, the butcher's shop was on The Street roughly where Throwers car park is now. (See photo). This was also the scene of a plane crash in the war when a P38 crashed through the gap to the right in the photograph and ended up in flames in the middle of the road. The pilot was rescued by locals who were given commendations for bravery.

Ludham-20a.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Update on Throwers...

The shop has now been sold. The sale went through on Monday 16th (yesterday).

The new owners are brothers Raj and Nishan. The shop will continue to trade normally and there will be no changes until January when they are planning to invest in new equipment.

Expect more changes next year.

Exciting times

Nigel (Ludham)

• Thanks 10

• 3 months later...

I see from their own fb post that Ludham Bridge Stores are closing shortly ‘because of government guidelines regarding non-essential travel’. I would have thought that that the shop would be providing essential services, or have things changed since the business changed hands? Can Nigel (woodwose) enlighten us? 

3 minutes ago, vanessan said:

I see from their own fb post that Ludham Bridge Stores are closing shortly ‘because of government guidelines regarding non-essential travel’. I would have thought that that the shop would be providing essential services, or have things changed since the business changed hands? Can Nigel (woodwose) enlighten us? 

Are you confusing Ludham Bridge Stores with Throwers? Throwers is right in the centre of the village. Was not Ludham Bridge Stores up for re- development?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OK, just to clarify this.

Ludham Bridge Stores are temporarily closing.

The Big Shop at Womack Staithe is closing.

Ludham Convenience Store (Formerly Throwers) is open

Ludham Butchers is open

Kings Arms is open for take away

The Dog Inn is open for take away

Ken's Veg stall is open

Other local businesses are open and doing delivery, for example Meales

Lathams are open

Roys Food Hall is open and the pharmacy

I think that covers it for Ludham and nearby businesses. Remember, this all could change.

Hope this clarifies things.

Nigel (now back in Ludham from Canada)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

Guest GreenJack

I think it is very sad that Lathams has had to close down, but completely understandable at this time. I do look forward to being able to return there as soon as possible however when all of this virus is over