New Section Speakers Corner

grendel

We (the team) Have created a new section for you called Speakers Corner, Here is where all the great broads debates should now occur.

We have added a set of guidance notes regarding this section, and the moderators will keep a careful eye on posts here to ensure they do not stray from the guidance in the pinned post at the head of this topic.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Agreed, an excellent idea. Will it remain in the public domain though? I have just come home from a spot of fishing to two e-mails asking what has happened to the other BA threads, such as is the standing of NBN! It would be good if they could be migrated to this new Speakers Corner.

6 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Agreed, an excellent idea. Will it remain in the public domain though? I have just come home from a spot of fishing to two e-mails asking what has happened to the other BA threads, such as is the standing of NBN! It would be good if they could be migrated to this new Speakers Corner.

Hello JM,

They have already moved to the new Speakers Corner section.

Regards

Alan

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Polly said:

I'd expect that to be where it lives?  You and Pally might consider starting our library?....If you can spare the time from Maggot Drowning?  I would certainly like it . if we could find stuff more easily.

I agree that a repository of useful information would be very handy, but what is useful? On my computer, I have accumulated 3,559 files, in 173 folders, dedicated to Broads Authority matters, dating back to 2012. But how many are useful? And to whom? I can also access BA files/reports from much earlier years.

Everyone has different interests regarding the Authority. Perhaps it would be more advantageous for individuals to extract such information as they find useful from the posts as they appear.

But I am always happy to respond to individual requests, if I can, by pm if preferred.

• Like 3

Regarding saving your own copies of information, a word of advice if I may. Try to capture/download a copy of the actual document (pdf, doc, whatever) or take a screen shot, as I've found that just copying a link can result in a 'Page not found' error message when you come to click the link at a later date. This is particularly relevant to the BA website!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Polly said:

I guess the current FOI trawl was what I had in mind , also the Glover Report.

I don't know about the FoI trawl, but you're welcome to these files re Glover

BA-Minutes-28-09-18.pdf Broads Authority Landscapes Review NNDC response - December 2018 v2.pdf landscapes-review-final-report.pdf National-Parks-Review-ba231118-1.pdf

• Thanks 2