Hoseasons Will Offer Full Refunds

ChrisB

Along with their sister company cottages.com. this is according to the news on my car radio at 08.30.

It seems the office of fair trading or whatever were going to take their Parent company to court.

• Like 1

You mean the prospect of litigation they were bound to lose! But it took the complaint to the CMA for it to happen...!!

Holiday companies as a whole are still being intransigent - but people are still flying, and booking, with Ryanair and the others! The best way to stop this practise is not to book with them!!!

• Like 2

I agree David. However 

14 minutes ago, DAVIDH said:

It's also the best way to ensure your wings are clipped, and the prices go up.

There is going to be a huge loss of capacity in the Worldwide Aviation sector which I feel will be the end of cheap flights and make air travel the preserve of the "Betteroff" as it used to be.

• Like 3

Yes Chris, I agree. Quite apart from the capacity, fewer people will be able to afford to fly if, as has been forecast, up to 3.5 million people in the UK become unemployed as a result of the virus. I do think however, that it will recover eventually. If there is a market, someone will come along and fill it. 

On 09/06/2020 at 09:53, marshman said:

But it took the complaint to the CMA for it to happen...!!

Exactly! There has just been some blurb in the EDP about this. Hoseasons trying to claim they have offered refunds voluntarily as good honest brokers but of course they didn't mention that they had had their arms twisted! In other words they most likely wouldn't have done it if they hadn't been cornered. I gather the parent company was the subject of a bulk of the complaints. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Exactly! There has just been some blurb in the EDP about this. Hoseasons trying to claim they have offered refunds voluntarily as good honest brokers but of course they didn't mention that they had had their arms twisted! In other words they most likely wouldn't have done it if they hadn't been cornered. I gather the parent company was the subject of a bulk of the complaints. 

Possibly because they held the bulk of the bookings ?