Sold Boat

Paws

We have sold our boat we have been boating for over 50 years so it was time to move on before we were too old to do something else so we have brought a motorhome and a caravan over looking the sea I would like to thank nya for selling it and Boulters marine for our mooring which we loved take care  paws

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Paws said:

We have sold our boat we have been boating for over 50 years so it was time to move on before we were too old to do something else so we have brought a motorhome and a caravan over looking the sea I would like to thank nya for selling it and Boulters marine for our mooring which we loved take care  paws

:facepalm: We did likewise for the same reasons a couple of years ago, even down to replacing with a motorhome.  Whilst we enjoyed the m'home have to say it just was not the same for us and soon sold it!  Enjoy.

• Like 1

You will have to let us know how you get on with the motorhome.

We should have one sat on the drive by now but the sale of our boat fell through in March, so given the circumstances we have decided to hold onto the boat a bit longer before buying a motorhome.

I wonder how many of us are looking the new situation with a view to lifestyle changes? We have a touring caravan which we love and before buying the boat, we considered a campavan for long days out and the odd overnight stay. Having decided to leave it I bought the boat. We have recently been reconsidering the situation and for the moment we are waiting to see how things pan out but in the long term if the campavan looks more practical, we may also sell up. Not before next April though.

I was never too keen on using public toilets before, even less so now.:default_sad:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paws said:

Cal if you wait till the end of August September you will get some good offers the Lincoln motorhome show is on in September hopefully good hunting paws

We have put all ideas of a motorhome on hold for now. We know what van we want but just feel that right now is not the right time to be taking out finance on a vehicle. What we would get for the boat would not be enough to buy the motorhome we want.

It is no great hardship keeping the boat for an extra couple of years or so until things settle down again and return to some sort of normality.

After a year away from boating we actually both enjoyed out little day trip out on Saturday, so perhaps we were too hasty with our decision to sell up just yet.