Waveney Wanderings

Geldeston Locks was quiet last night. If anyone is thinking of going to the Locks Inn, better check the website. The indications are that you have to have a booking made via the website. I don’t know if they are serving food, I didn’t see anyone eating there only drinking. Their opening hours are Tuesday-Sunday 11am to 7pm. The garden is nicely laid out as you would expect. Big Dog Ferry is sadly not able to run. 

747936D6-B3D4-4956-A0D7-1F8E815541CC.jpeg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

I hope you popped in for a G and T Lady V!! 

You can’t pop ‘in’ these days Mr N, you have to pop ‘out’! I settled for a beer (for a change) on board last night as the Tanqueray 10 we have on board seems to be evaporating! 🥺

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, vanessan said:

You can’t pop ‘in’ these days Mr N, you have to pop ‘out’! I settled for a beer (for a change) on board last night as the Tanqueray 10 we have on board seems to be evaporating! 🥺

I'll let you off for the moment Lady V :default_biggrin:

Mrs Nog gets through large quantities of Tanqueray No 10 one of her favs. 

Most pubs are happy to accommodate 'walk ins' if they have room, not always necessary to pre book. They need our support more than ever at the mo. The ones we've been in are very well organised. Most do table service, good social distancing and plenty of sanitising. Just avoid the likes of Wetherspoons :default_icon_e_surprised:

9 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Mrs Nog gets through large quantities of Tanqueray No 10 one of her favs. 

Mine too. Tanqueray produce some great gins, Rangpur and Flor de Sevilla are another two of my favs. My better half bought me a T. Loveage but it doesn’t quite rank up there with the others. 

15 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Most pubs are happy to accommodate 'walk ins' if they have room, not always necessary to pre book.

I’m sure that’s right, there were a few families out on the water yesterday in canoes, kayaks and on paddleboards. Those that stopped at the Locks certainly enjoyed a rest and refreshments in the garden. It did surprise me that they were only open until 7pm however. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, vanessan said:

they were only open until 7pm however

Yes, a lot of pubs are running on reduced hours. I suppose the Locks will do most trade during the day so maybe closing earlier but a bit unfortunate if you're moored overnight and thirsty! 

Nice walk up to the Wherry though.........:default_norty:

• Like 1