Potter Heigham Sunrise

coolcat

7 minutes ago, SwanR said:

Wow! I’ve got an iPhone 6s and I don’t really rate the camera. It’s one of the reasons I’m looking at moving away from Apple when I change it. 

Stunning photo though. What time were you up for that one?

We find the camera on our Samsung smart phones to be far better then the iPhone we've had. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, andyg said:

We find the camera on our Samsung smart phones to be far better then the iPhone we've had. 

I think the latest iPhones are absolutely amazing.  They are far better than they used to be and can render amazing shots from difficult situations with ease.  Here’s one I took a few weeks ago at Hardley Mill.

6E830B17-9F97-421F-8901-6243DD7E6AEE.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Ah well … I point and shoot and rarely edit anything other than the occasional crop! And I don’t have an Instagram account. My photos are mostly for my own pleasure. But here’s one I took on my iPhone in Hoveton this morning. Lots of swans but very quiet on the river. 

250B60BF-BEAB-49B4-A182-E25DEDE14C04.jpeg

• Like 1

On 15/08/2021 at 08:07, SwanR said:

Wow! I’ve got an iPhone 6s and I don’t really rate the camera. It’s one of the reasons I’m looking at moving away from Apple when I change it. 

Stunning photo though. What time were you up for that one?

That was at around 05.30hrs.

So I left Acle around 05.00hrs to set up.

I took photos with my ‘proper’ camera and I will edit them and post later. 
I left for work shortly after sunrise and didn’t get home till about 20.00hrs so not had time to upload and edit images yet.

The cameras on the newer iPhones are pretty impressive within their limitations.

I’m happy to share images taken with it. It can be quite liberating compared to chugging my 1DX, various lenses and a tripod around with me :default_icon_e_biggrin:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, SwanR said:

The Google Pixel is the one I want to look at in a couple of months when my current contract is up. 

The bbc click program run a piece on the pixel smartphone, and rated the camera very highly. Some of the photos they took at night with it were stunning. Sadly I haven't got a clue about camera settings,exposure times etc etc. My only criticism of the phone, it does look cheaply made and I probably wouldn't buy one if I'm being honest. But I'm a Samsung fan, virtually everything electrical I own is Samsung. 

• Like 1

This is a bracketed shot(s) with the proper camera taken at the same time.

Three RAW images merged using Lightroom and adjusted for white balance, contrast and HSL.

1/30th second, F11 and ISO100 for the metered exposure, then two stops under and two stops over for the bracketed exposures. Camera Canon EOS 1DX, Lens Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art at a focal length of 19mm. Camera on tripod.

You can now compare the relative differences between a smartphone (most halfway decent phones will give similar results) and a top of the line Dslr and good quality glass....

Photo merege Pottor Heigham.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, SwanR said:

point and shoot and rarely edit anything other than the occasional crop!

I’m with you on this! I have had some good cameras in the past but never really got to grips with all the settings. I have an iPhone 11 Pro (which I absolutely love) and the camera on that is great. I do have a Panasonic Lumix which is very easy to pick up and point, even easier than finding the camera on the iPhone. Photos are easily transferred from Panasonic to iPhone for editing etc. 

• Like 2