Water Rail Tlc

grendel

Here she is at the Herbert Woods book launch. I tried a ‘through the rigging shot’, not quite so spectacular broads style by yours truly... need to leave that to Beken’!

She was definitely worth the full resto. I’ve got a closer up shot which I won’t post as it would probably id individuals but suffice to say she was fondly remembered by the alumni.

Fantastic that the owner went the whole hog!

49C02C18-126A-4240-82F3-10CCC0ABA839.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Now I haven't posted in this thread a while, but that doesn't mean I have been idle, in fact I have been varnishing, and that's about as interesting as watching varnish dry. At last I have got to the point of adding fittings back, first was the new masthead light, a led one, I clipped the cable down the mast, carefully adding pieces under the clips to cushion the cables, looked at the red and black wires showing and didn't like it, ok time to raid through my brass bits, I had some tube, a bit chunky and would require new clips, then my eyes alighted on some 1/4" brass channel, this was fine in width, but looked too deep, so on the mill it went and the two flanges were cut down by 1mm, then cutouts were made for where it enters the mast at the top, and where it passed over the brass bracket holding the wings in place. The clips were modified to fit round the new section, and then it was all fitted, much better.

IMG_20210926_182414.jpg

IMG_20210926_182416.jpg

IMG_20210926_182422.jpg

IMG_20210926_182432.jpg

IMG_20210926_182450.jpg

• Like 6