Boat Jumble

fishtone

We've been to the Norfolk Boat jumble several times in the past and without exception it was always a waste of time. With very scant stalls mostly selling junk and those stalls selling new items were charging astronimical prices. We once went with friends who had just  acquired their first boat so we had a very long shopping list. We came away with nothing.

Carole

4 hours ago, addicted said:

We've been to the Norfolk Boat jumble several times in the past and without exception it was always a waste of time. With very scant stalls mostly selling junk and those stalls selling new items were charging astronimical prices. We once went with friends who had just  acquired their first boat so we had a very long shopping list. We came away with nothing.

Carole

On the other side of the coin sometimes, just sometimes lying amongst the junk is a diamond find as I found out today.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CambridgeCabby said:

Ooooh , tell us more :default_biggrin:

My current item still works but has a crack, it is no longer made and the current model costs £100 and is slightly bigger so alterations would need to be made. I once found a brand new one online in Holland right at the start of Brexit for £60 and the seller refused to send it here and refunded the money instead.

Now it may turn out to be turnip but for the cost of a pint of beer I took the gamble. Oh, I also brought a length of rope for a £1. 

Sometimes it pays to look scruffy when buying. :default_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OldBerkshireBoy said:

Sometimes it pays to look scruffy when buying. :default_biggrin:

Well as you mentioned it: My one and only experience of a boat jumble was Newark around 2015. I came away thinking I would have been less conspicuous if I'd stopped washing and shaving three weeks earlier. :default_scaredmouse:

• Haha 3