So What Is Going On At Herbert Woods

FlyingFortress

On 20/04/2022 at 19:54, mikeyboy1966 said:

That is a big boat,

no wonder the moorings get busy with these behemoths

A47BE81E-37B8-4DCD-AA4A-A62D2B204888.jpeg

Blimey.

Wish I could afford one.

Priced up a new version of mine recently.

220k 😵

Can afford but can't justify.

Decision made 2 years ago when new version was 180k

Stick with ours .

Old but good.

The boat is an NBD.

According to James Knight the next one's being named fair marmite. I had a look onboard fair crusader last year and to be honest it's a fantastic boat. I can see this boat being very popular with younger couples just wondering if the timing is right with everything that going on in the world. Personally I wouldn't hire it  ut fair play to len for continuing to invest. I bet that's cost a huge chunk of change to build. 

38 minutes ago, NeilB said:

The new Faircraft just been added to the NBD website - https://www.broads.co.uk/boats/fair-regal-1/

I quite like the looks of it as well, although mainly because it makes my Alpha 42 CC look pretty!!

I still think they've "missed the boat" (pun intended) with this one. While we always hire in the 40 foot range I think this one is way over priced and maybe a tad too big for general broad cruising holidays? I'm thinking of maybe first time hirers who can afford such a boat, trying to moor up where there are already lots of boats, windy conditions and negotiating certain bridges.  This is of course my personal opinion and maybe I'm wrong :default_unsure:

Chris

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mikeyboy1966 said:

If all goes to plan next Monday (lift and survey)

I’ll be at Jones boatyard with a Broom 30:default_biggrin:

That's a lovely stretch of river there, bedford to brownshill staunch are the by far the prettiest bits if you don't mind the locks, old west is a weedy ditch between flood banks and ely section is mostly manmade and straight lines.

Dunno if Mick Jones is still around but he's a lovely guy to deal with.

You planning on staying on gt.ouse or escaping to other areas?

7 hours ago, Smoggy said:

That's a lovely stretch of river there, bedford to brownshill staunch are the by far the prettiest bits if you don't mind the locks, old west is a weedy ditch between flood banks and ely section is mostly manmade and straight lines.

Dunno if Mick Jones is still around but he's a lovely guy to deal with.

You planning on staying on gt.ouse or escaping to other areas?

Assuming we buy the boat it will be staying on the gt Ouse for at least a year ,firstly because I think we will have to commit to a berth ,secondly I think I’d like to explore the river before spending on transport etc.

And the marina is only an hour away from home so it makes a lot of sense to stay put.:default_cool: