Recommendations For Internal Headroom

I have a close family member hoping to come aboard with me next year who's had issues in the past on hire boats with head bumping and needing to stoop due to poor headroom. She's a little over 6 feet tall. Can anybody recommend a boat design that's good for internal headroom or at least partly so?

• Like 1

Graham and Harry are both about 6’4” and can’t recall having any issues with the boats we hired, which were Turquoise Emblem, Royale Emblem, Fair Regent and Bronze Emblem. Graham has bumped his head quite a lot on Moonlight Shadow though (LOL), mainly when going down the steps from our lounge to galley when the roof is lowered. 

• Thanks 1

We have the same problem. Best headroom for my hubby who is also 6'4 has been on Swan Reflection, Silver Emblem and Zircon Emblem. And they all have proper island beds for hanging your feet off the end if you're tall. And for that reason we also find a sleeping bag a good idea so you don't get cold feet out of the end of the duvet! :) There are a number of other boats at Ferry Marina and NBD that are the same kind of design as Zircon so they might be ok too.

Would also recommend wearing a baseball cap especially when going in and out of the rear doors when mooring up in case one forgets to duck at that point.

Fair Prince was pretty good if you don't mind having one side of the bed against the wall. 

Downside of Swan Reflection is a very small toilet / shower area.

• Thanks 1